Search results

1. B

supermicro X10SL7-F vs X10SLH-F

The LSI cards all need extra cooling since they seem to be designed for high airflow chassis (understandable). I've had to add a PCI slot blower next to my LSI 9270 in my workstation, and an Antec Spotcool on the LSI 9260 in my 4U server. Without them they kept overheating (especially the 9270...
  2. B

Good 2.5" JBOD Chassis

Heh, yeah I've seen that and it would be super nice but it's probably more than what I would want to spend, unless they pop up on ebay. I should clarify that I don't really need to use all disks at once. Around 16-25 at a time would do just fine. At first glance I thought the Sans Digital...
  3. B

Good 2.5" JBOD Chassis

So I recently got my hands on a bunch (ok - 100pcs!) of VelociRaptor disks that I want to put to good use. Since I don't care about warranty, I can strip these from the WD Ice Packs and use them as 2.5" disks. I've been looking around ebay and elsewhere to see if I could find some good 2.5"...
  4. B

LSI Logic MegaRAID 9261-8i RAID Controller with iBBU08, CacheCade/Fastpath $450 B.N

I bought mine from the same guy. It's actually in Hong Kong and not New York as listed. However, it only took a few days for me to get the package in Sweden. Be aware though that the software licenses on these cards don't seem 100% legit. Observing his feedback history it's plain that he buys...
  5. B

LSI Logic MegaRAID 9261-8i RAID Controller with iBBU08, CacheCade/Fastpath $450 B.N

Excellent, thanks for your response! One final question: did you have to re-enter any license keys to enable the features again? Since I bought this second hand I'm worried that if the firmware upgrade invalidates the existing enabled features for some reason I would not be able to re-enable...
  6. B

Hi, I also bought a similar card (though just a "9260 4i") from the same buyer. My card currently only appears to support plain CacheCade 2.0, so no write caching which I really would like. Did you upgrade the firmware or something to get CacheCade Pro 2.0 enabled on your card? Thanks in...