Search results

1. fohdeesha

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

no clue, 9010 is a beta/alpha mess. Could be because you're doing a big jump, maybe try going from 8095 to 9000 first, then from 9000 to 9010
  2. fohdeesha

Trying to get Firmware loaded on to Whitebox S4810-ON

have mostly figured this out, will post when I have the instructions written out
  3. fohdeesha

You would only get this error if the switch was already on a later UEFI image, or a very old image that has no UFI support yet - neither of these would be the case if you followed the first step of the guide, which flashes a compatible OS version for this from the bootloader, it sounds like you...
  4. fohdeesha

do the fans spin down and get significantly quieter after it finishes booting? Sounds like they may be stuck in full speed, it should not be that loud once it spins down
  5. fohdeesha

your 192.168.1.1 router needs a route telling it how to get back to 10.5.0.x (and any other vlan networks you have), otherwise its going to do a route lookup, match on the default route you have pointing to your ISP, and shove it out there
  6. fohdeesha

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

see a couple posts up, the latest that switch will run is EOS-2GB-4.24.11M
  7. fohdeesha

Issues with Brocade ICX 6610

looks like failing hardware, hard to say which part. you could try replacing the RAM: Centon Lot of 2 RD703G01 2GB PC2-5300 Reg ECC CL5 DDR2 667Mhz 1 Rank SODIMM 6-2 | eBay
  8. fohdeesha

Got tired of forgetting and re-googling which model supported what EOS, and it seems to be a common question (ie half this thread), so here is a definitive list. You'll notice some of these are much later in the codetrain than what is currently discussed or googlable (EOS-4.23.15M for example)...
  9. fohdeesha

that fiber has an oldschool SC connector, where do you plan on plugging that in!?
  10. fohdeesha

You changed the MTU / enabled jumbo frames somewhere didn't you
  11. fohdeesha

XCP-ng installation and setup hell

dude you are trying way too much and getting way too sidetracked. the default ext formatting is fine, it's default for a reason. for a VM store with a few hundred VHD files max, there is no difference. Tens of thousands of people are using XCP-ng out of the box without issue. Maybe after you've...
  12. fohdeesha

XCP-ng installation and setup hell

yes is it, it's freebsd with a GUI. all *bsds have a bug in the PF packet filter when running under xen, so the checksumming blurb must be done. Also note if you need an offline deploy for XOA, you can download an XOA vm in xva format, to import to a XCP-ng host offline. You can do that via cli...
  13. fohdeesha

Dell Poweredge R240 - Barebones w/ Xeon E-2124 - $180

my home studio is ran by an R720 lmao (not visible though)
  14. fohdeesha

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

200.15.6.12.304 out as mentioned by @ms264556 New Features • Alignment with SmartZone (CFG802.11/Driver, Hostapd, conC]r-ࢢonőĺ • User interface enhancements in terms of UI label changes, panel enhancements, and orࢢmb-ࢢonĺ • Remote portal support is a cloud dashboard that allows the Unleashed...
  15. fohdeesha

"bash touch /mnt/flash/enable3px" was retired and replaced with the "service unsupported transceiver" cli command in EOS 4.15 and up
  16. fohdeesha

hey, most of this is covered here the header with package count and offsets is the standard FIT image type/standard Extracting Firmware - Fohdeesha Docs although I haven't had time to add UFI specific stuff
  17. fohdeesha

community question [for admins?] about user Sleyk

I smell conspiracyyyyyy @Patrick
  18. fohdeesha

guide updated from 8095k to the latest 8095, 08095m. Thought I did this months ago but I guess not. all icx7xxx documentation updated to match as well