Search results

1. Spotswood

Gauging interest in a case with 13x 5.25" drive bays

Is there any interest in a case with 13x 5.25-inch drive bays?
  2. Spotswood

Just the Storinator chassis are for sale at 45drives.com

FWIW, I saw this posted on a thread in the Unraid forum.
  3. Spotswood

10-inch server rack specification?

I'm looking for a 10-inch server rack specification. Specifically, the rail center-to-center hole distance of the half(?)/10-inch server racks (used to house something like this SM SuperServer E300-9D-4CN8TP)?
  4. Spotswood

Shallow 4U frame

I made a shallow 4U frame for an ATX PSU, microATX motherboard and 2x hard drives. That is all.
  5. Spotswood

Built a case frame to house 12x 5.25" drives

A client asked me to build a case frame to house a workstation motherboard (X9DR3-LN4F+ ) and 12x 5.25" drive bays. He plans on using all of the drive space for some hot swap cages. :cool:
  6. Spotswood

Is there interest in a case that can house 4x hot-swap cages, SFX/ATX PSU & mini-ITX motherboard?

Is there any interest in a case that can house 4x hot-swap cages (12x 5.25-inch drives), SFX/ATX PSU & mini-ITX motherboard similar in design to the Synology 12 bay NAS? What other features would be desired/required of such a case?
  7. Spotswood

Plain simple deep 4U chassis w front fans and nothing else???

I'm looking for very simple 4U server chassis. Basically, an empty box with three input fans would be perfect! Deep (24-inch or greater) No drive bays (or easily removable ones) Three front fans i.e. no drive bays. Inexpensive. (The intended use is for a GPU server.) Thanks!
  8. Spotswood

Custom 4U GPU Case Frame

The client will be installing a PCIE expansion board and a thunderbolt board underneath the GPUs.
  9. Spotswood

A test bench for server/odd form factor motherboards

Just a test bench for odd/server form factor motherboards. :cool: :D
  10. Spotswood

GPU Server Case

You guys might appreciate this little project...a custom 5U server case frame for GPU mining.
  11. Spotswood

My home office PC in an IKEA Helmer cabinet

I had a few prototype Helmer cabinet replacement drawers cluttering-up the office that I figured could be put to better use as a home for my office PC. The "case" is 2x two "drawer high" cases bolted together with an Intel AXX4DRV3G SAS/SATA Four-Drive Hot Swap Drive Bay and a cheap miniITX...
  12. Spotswood

Build log: Slender quiet cabinet

I'm currently building a cabinet to quiet a HP Proliant DL360 1U server, which will be mounted vertically. Some of the features of the cabinet include: The interior will be lined with 1-inch sound absorbing foam. Air will enter via a front, bottom-fed air duct and exhaust out the back. The...
  13. Spotswood

Yet another NAS case design thread

@chinesestunna and myself have been iterating on a design for a NAS box that leverages the relatively inexpensive Supermicro 16 port SAS-836TQ backplane. Not having any drive sleds immediately led to orientating the drives vertically ala Backblaze's storage pod. And to keep the case as small...
  14. Spotswood

Custom server case for a SWTX motherboard

Here's a server case frame I made to house a H8QGL-iF motherboard. The PSU will lie at the front of the case. SSDs will be mounted underneath the pair of extrusions across the top. Front: Side: Back:
  15. Spotswood

Small tech tray for IKEA's Helmer cabinet (low cost renderfarm/cluster)

Patrick had asked me for something like this quite a while ago...So, here's a modular tech tray (drawer replacement) for IKEA's Helmer cabinet. The existing drawer front is attached to the tray via the handle. Its completely modular, so you can adjust the final placement of all of the flat...
  16. Spotswood

Help Me Design a Simple Compact microATX Case

A recent thread regarding the Silverstone DS380 case got me thinking about designing a simple, compact microATX storage case. With 6x 5.25-inch drive bays and a PSU mounted over the motherboard, this is a fairly compact layout. Click on the image to see an animation : I'd appreciate your...
  17. Spotswood

WTB: Dead EATX motherboard

I need a dead/old/worthless extended ATX motherboard (just to take pictures of it mounted to one of my tech stations). EDIT: No longer interested in this, I purchased old board on ebay for $20.
  18. Spotswood

Small frame/box for Norco 5 x 3 HDD Cage

Prototype frame (no sheeting yet) for two of the very inexpensive Norco 5x3 HDD cages. Dimensions are: 13x9x6 (HxDxW).
  19. Spotswood

Simple open-air cage for 12x drives

You guys might appreciate this, I just finished a custom open-air cage/case for 12x 3.5-inch hardrives: It was a fun afternoon project.
  20. Spotswood

Mechanical specification for 19-inch rack cases?

I'm designing my first rack mountable case (to house BitFury boards) and am in need of the mechanical specification for the mounting holes that are on the sides of the case. Thanks in advance! Rich