Search results

1. I

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

I have browse through the forum but could not find clear information on how to get the WEB GUI interface to work on the LB4M. I have firmware 1.1.0.8. ip http server command does not work. Any help would be much appreciated.
  2. I

Hello, On one of my switches, I can see the console display during the boot up. But whatever key pressed does not get any response. I've tried different cables, same issue. Also tried different baud rate setting on Putty, no response. Also, I have another switch which I would like to set the...
  3. I

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

Hello, I have a C6220 with dual nodes, LFF, 12 3.5" hard drives. Can I get node#1 to see all 6 hard drives? I played around with the cable that connected to backplane. However, no matter what I do, it will only see drives 5 drives: - First 3 hard drives detected fine (drive 0-2). - Drive #3...
  4. I

Thank you very much. How are the sharing of backplane configured? Is it 1/2 then 3/4 or 1/3 then 2/4?
  5. I

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Hi, I did all that, still same issue: (FASTPATH Routing) #reload Are you sure you would like to reset the system? (y/n) y System will now restart! Reference platform resetting ... Starting pid 861, console /dev/ttyS0: '/etc/rc.d/rc.reboot' syncing filesystems....This may take a few moments...
  6. I

Just a thought. The C6220 have 4 independent nodes but shared the same backplane. What if something go wrong with the backplane? Would that not take down the entire 4 nodes. I am planning to deploy openstack on these servers. Plan to use one of these as 4 controller nodes and the other servers...
  7. I

Thank you very much! Can you help with the BIOS 2.71 and 2.53 question?
  8. I

Hello, Can I use this switch as a router? I would like to route internal vlan to external vlan. Will that be possible to do with the LB6M? Thank you in advance for your help.
  9. I

Hello, A newbie question. Can I use this switch as a router? I would like to route internal vlan to external vlan. Will that be possible to do with the LB6M? Thank you in advance for your help.
  10. I

Thank you very much. Do you happen to have a picture sample? This video seems to show what you are describing, but it is being described as C6620:
  11. I

Hello everyone, Could you please shed some lights on newbie questions on the C6220? 1) Is there a sure way to tell whether I have a C6220 of C6220 II? Beside knowing the cpu and memory can support "UP TO" a certain speed and version, I don't see a physical way to identify the two. I was able...
  12. I

Thank you very much. Strangely, I don't see the FASTPATH Application message on either switches. According to this link, I am supposed to see a message which can interrupted: How to Wipe the Config on LB6M and LB8 Quanta Switches Power cycle several time and it still same. Here's the screen...
  13. I

Thank you so much epers! I will give it a try today. Do you happen to know the command to disable the "enable" password? I also encountered another issue. It may be nothing but still a concern. When I use the "reload" command on 2 switches, one of them reloaded no problem. However, the other...
  14. I

Hello, I need to reset to factory and clear the current password. I have followed the above steps via the suggested method but it doesn't seem to work. At boot up, I was given 3 seconds to interrupt the process. When pressing any key to interrupt, it took me to uBoot. The only command I see...
  15. I

Hello, Does anyone know the safe BIOS to update to for the C6220? We tried to update to the latest version provided via the Dell website on one of the node but something must have gone wrong. It takes 2-3 minutes to pass memory test and now the system won't see the IMPI card any more. Any...
  16. I

Hello, Does anyone know what type of hard drives the C6220 can support? I was going to buy the SATA III 12gb/s drives but don't know if the C6220 can take it. Thanks in advance for your help.