Search results

1. U

Aruba AP to IAP

Thanks pnam2kx! :) About the bad cert, chrome wouldn't let me load the loginpage, had to use firefox. So goodbye chrome :) Any idea when 8.8 is coming out btw?
  2. U

Aruba AP to IAP

Struggling a bit with mine, does this seems to be correct? apboot> mfginfo Inventory: Card 0: System Date Code : 062617 Serial : CNDFHN7235 Wired MAC : 44:48:c1:c1:e1:20 Wired MAC Count : 2 Radio 5G SN ...
  3. U

Aruba AP to IAP

I did, but got told to go to asp.arubanetworks.com to register it. And when i go there there isn't any way to register it :S Can you do it without having to go asp.aruba? Thanks!
  4. U

Aruba AP to IAP

How did you activate the license mimino? I got an email with the license ID, but what to do after that? :) Thanks!
  5. U

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

I flashed it with B0CROSS, and it is a rev D card :( now my r720 says system halted, wrong pcie card. Is there any way to bypass this message so I can try again?
  6. U

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

I just flashed one sucessfully (thank you!) And bricked another, the info command didn't give me any output, and i forgot that i had swapped the raid controllers when i tried to debug some bootup problems >_< So my card i completely dead now? Isn't there any way to recover it? Thanks.
  7. U

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Hey guys! I'm having some problems with my nodes, they really really struggles to boot. As when powering up, they seem to reset themself around 20 times before they fully boot the node, the BMC is available all the time though. Do you have any ideas as to what this can be? There doesn't...
  8. U

What certifications for a fresh network engineer?

Hi guys! I'm in my third year now, and in one of the courses i'm taking we are allowed to take a certification that my uni will pay for. and i was wondering what you guys think is the best one? I was thinking of the CompTIA, but is this necessary when i'm done as a network engineer? We...
  9. U

Extra server to compliment my C6100 setup.

Hmm, it's true what you say about storage though! i don't know, maybe it's the fact that they look kind of cool.. But for that price i could get another c6100 with 4 motherboards ^^ wouldn't that be a better option? also i could do what i've done with the one i have now, wire 6 hdd's to each...
  10. U

40Gbe infiniband 36 port switch $220

Why is IB on it's way out actually? it seems to be superior to 10gb ethernet? :S
  11. U

What is a fair price to pay for a R710 or R610 with around 16-32gb ram, and l5640? :)
  12. U

Hi guys! I almost got my C6100 up and running! Still struggling a bit with small file performance in glusterfs, but that's for another time^^ I'm also currently involved in setting up 4 r430, and 3 r630 with an openstack setup which i have no idea how to do, but thats also a bit off-topic :p...
  13. U

What drive configuration & FS for a home server using Proxmox and BTRFS (hopefully)

Hey! I was thinking of the excact same thing as you! I have a dell c6100 though, with 4 nodes, currently only running two of them with 6 trays each, (I only have two drives in each) Did you find out any way to forward your storage to proxmox though? :)
  14. U

New member and new to this world! ;)

Yeah that's what I thought as well. But I still can't update the FCB :S it gets stuck waiting for FCB ready, then it aborts :/
  15. U

Well i seems to struggle with the FCB, when i try to run the update from dos, all i get is no pic 18 error. But my FCB has the 7 pin fan connectors, and it also says revision B01 on the board. However the bios is 1.04 on the PIC. Do you guys have any ideas? My problem is that when i boot it...
  16. U

Software storage for a dual node storage system.

Hi! Thanks a lot for that link! :) I wonder if this setup would work with glusterfs, as that is just an extra layer that comes before the NFS server, right? If that would work i guess it's perfect for my setup as well, at least i think! :)
  17. U

Yeah it helps a bit at least I should have gone with the l5630 as the 5520 locks my memory at 1066 MHz, and appearantly 1.5v :S a shame when I have 1.35v ram :P How do I update the FCB? The firmware and bmc I've done :)
  18. U

Yeah so i use some pillows just to muffle the worst sound >_<
  19. U

Hey! And thanks gigatexal! I've read a lot of forum posts and threads here now, and it's a lot of fun! :D My C6100 is up and running, currently in the sofa, believe it or not ^^ But i still haven't managed to find my perfect setup yet, it's so hard! And so much to learn!! i only know how to...