Search results

1. Sogndal94

Unable to power disks on Supermicro 846A backplane

What does these lights(marked in yellow) do when you plug in the disks? if D53 or D54 lights up, i think you might have powerissues. Have you tried any other ports? Are you using the Raidcard as a HBA or Hardware raid, and if you are using it as HW raid, what does the Raid software say when you...
  2. Sogndal94

EU Huawei RH2288H V3 (ddr4/v4) full fronts 187€

Have you tried reseating the fans?
  3. Sogndal94

Anybody running PfSense in a VM ?

It was more the 2012R2 part(since it is eol), that was the old one. I dont mind windows server. could you screenshot your csm and boot config in bios of your vm, and the config of your vm from hyper-v. Sounds to me like there is an issue with disk config or bios settings.
  4. Sogndal94

Anybody running PfSense in a VM ?

Any reason you are using a so old OS? What gen of vm are you using? Gen 1 is the only one that works i think. I ran Pfsense for years in a hyper-v cluster. edit: never mind. It should work on gen 2 if you remove secureboot.https://docs.netgate.com/pfsense/en/latest/recipes/virtualize-hyper-v.html
  5. Sogndal94

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

May i ask what fw version you are on?
  6. Sogndal94

Samsung SSD PM1643 3.8TB SAS 12Gb/s MZ-ILT3T8A 2.5" @ $289.98

I belive these are EMC drives used in Isilon, and to update those you need a “ Isilon drive support packet”. And to use that, you might have guessed it… a isilon with the right OneFs version. Maybe it can also on a xxxBSD system.
  7. Sogndal94

ESXi/vSphere 8 - VM hangs on startup with Nvidia T4 passthrough

Have you tried passing to another vm? (new one)? Also what mode is the T4s in WDDM mode or TCC? I think the issue could be that the card is in TCC mode, and you are trying to use it for display?
  8. Sogndal94

UK Full 10Gb 4xTMM vSAN setup - Lenovo P330 tiny based

I dont think you have the wrong price, but for me it is too much money to use at once for my homelab... :)
  9. Sogndal94

UK WTB - 24 bay 4U server case

I am not sure if you want new or used, but xcase in uk has some new in sale? Would that fit you? https://www.xcase.co.uk/products/gooxi-rmc4124-670-hse-no-psu-atx-psu-barcket
  10. Sogndal94

I get your point, but all the installs i have seen(that dont use HDD/SSD/Satadom as boot) has been running iScsi LUNs for those type of blades :) Does your SD cards have a 120TBW and 100MB/s + R/W ? ;) as this is the requmendation on vSphere boot devices.(i only remember this from one of the...
  11. Sogndal94

Are you by any chance using UEFI bios? I guess it could be EFI entrys left from other older installs, in that case you can maybe remove them if you boot into the UEFI BIOS under boot option(or something like that). if not there is a helppost on this here: RH2288H V3 Server V100R003 User Guide 46...
  12. Sogndal94

Yes, i see that now. But as i see it, it does not make sense to USB for boot.(When you have to have atleast 1 disk for Boot banks + OSDATA partitions, or use a datastore on 1+ disk or a LUN). Why not just install vSphere on the same disk(s) as the datastore if you really want to use an...
  13. Sogndal94

SD Card and USB boot no longer supported in ESXi 7,3+ . You need an HDD/SSD to install the newer versions. So the issues is that you are unable to boot to the vSphere installer USB? Did you pick it under the boot manager? (Press F11 or F3 to go to the boot manager screen for selecting boot option)
  14. Sogndal94

Emm, just to understand you correctly... You got an iso with the vSphere os, and make the USB bootable with rufus.(Correct up to this point) Then did you pick the USB drive as a one time boot, and booted in to the vSphere installer? Then installed it on a HDD/SSD? and now it wont boot? Then you...
  15. Sogndal94

Morgonaut converting me to virtualization...

Xen is Xen, and not built on KVM. Xen is atleast 3 years older than KVM. ;)
  16. Sogndal94

Not able to passthrough I225-V in ESXI8

I am trying to understand thisYou got a new card because the old one was not having drivers in esxi, but you are going to use it as a passthroughed device? You should not need a esxi capable nic for passthrough unless you are going to run an nested install? Back to the problem, does any of the...
  17. Sogndal94

Dell Poweredge PERC

Please dont. Consumer disk has nothing to do in production.
  18. Sogndal94

LSI Avago 9300-8i Firmware Bios update problems.

ok, but have you tried to reflash the card? This to me does not sound like an missing SAS adress. Wipe the card with megarec / or the tool you used on the last good firmware upgrade you did, the reflash to that version. Then when your card is working, reflash to latest version. I know it sounds...
  19. Sogndal94

LSI Avago 9300-8i Firmware Bios update problems.

sas2flash is for 6 Gb/sec cards(SAS2 cards), sas3flash is for 12 Gb/sec cards (SAS3). so i think you need to use sas3flsh. What erase level did you do? i think " sas3flash.efi -o -e 6" would have been more than plenty, and you would have keept your SAS adress. What happends if you do: ...