Search results

1. M

Amazon Prime failing a lot lately?

I have only had Amazon fail once at getting a package to me on time. That was 2 years ago. That said, I'm not too impressed by Amazon Prime anymore. Almost all of my Prime packages end up arriving towards the end of the day. They seem to really be pushing the envelope there. Lots of other...
  2. M

New Product: Mikrotik Routerboard CSS326-24G-2S+RM

I just got one of these yesterday. It had no trouble working with the "Ubiquiti" Fiberstore SR SFP+ transceiver that I plugged into it. I have it paired with a US-16-XG for more RJ45 ports. I plan on actually putting it to use on July 22nd when I host my next LAN. I can't wait for my...
  3. M

[eBay] $15 off $75+ (Code will be live at 5PM EST/2PM PST)

Fantastic! I guess I will finally pick up one of those Mikrotik CSS326-24G-2S+RM. Thanks!
  4. M

fs.com Slow Service?

Nah I'm just going through fs.com's refund process. My main problem is that they charged me last Tuesday but still haven't even shipped the package yet. I'd be fine with it if they waited to charge me until they were actually ready to ship my order. Instead they just took my money and ran off...
  5. M

fs.com Slow Service?

I just started the refund process. Hopefully they will refund me within 48 hours or I will be forced to start a dispute through PayPal. Is there any alternative to fs.com? Preferably one that doesn't immediately take your money and go on vacation for 2 weeks.
  6. M

fs.com Slow Service?

Hmm so I should expect to not see my order until 2 weeks from now? I'm probably going to end up disputing the charge then. I'd be fine if they waited to charge me until they shipped. Instead they charged me the instant I placed the order and have been sitting on the money since.
  7. M

fs.com Slow Service?

Has anyone here had issues with fs.com taking forever to ship out items? I ordered some transceivers and fiber cables on Tuesday and nothing has been shipped yet. They charged my card on Tuesday but haven't actually done anything yet. Is this slow service normal for fs.com or should I dispute...
  8. M

ebay flash sale - ENDS 8PM PT TODAY - 15 off 75

Awesome. I'm going to pick up a ConnectX-3 for my little Xeon-D server. Lenovo 00W0053 MLNX ConnectX-3 EN 2PT SFP+ 10GbE Adapter Server ZZ | eBay
  9. M

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

I came across another issue with the fans. With the way the case goes together it isn't viable to mount them to the bottom half of the case. If you try to do that the fan will block the top half of the case from sliding together. I ended up velcroing the fans to the top half of the case for...
  10. M

I just got home and the fans were waiting for me. I opened up the switch and started replacing the fans. I mounted one of the fans without any issues. I'm only using one rubber mount for it. I haven't tested it yet but I don't think it will be an issue with such a small fan. The other fan...
  11. M

A user earlier in this thread said that they replaced the fans with 40mm Noctuas. They required some creative mounting in order to work but they worked nonetheless. I actually ordered 2 of those 40mm Noctuas today based off of their recommendation. Once I get them I'll see how difficult it is...
  12. M

Inexpensive SFP+ for Server 2016

I'm in the exact same situation. I'm tempted to pick up the US-16-XG to pair my main rig with a Xeon D server that already has 10GbE RJ45 on it. It would also serve as the backbone switch for LAN parties. I will definitely be watching this thread very closely. Are there counterfeit versions...