Search results

1. M

best price/perf/feature 4x SFP+ fanless switch

Hey there, As per $subject, what would be your recommendation for a fanless 4x SFP+ switch? So far on my radar, I only have the MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+IN and the super cool yet extremely expensive ICX 7150-C10ZP. This last one has 2x SPF+ and 2x 10Base-T which, for my needs, would be fine. Thanks!
  2. M

Toshiba MG09 - how to upgrade the firmware

Hey everybody, I have five Toshiba MG09, sourced through different vendors. Three of them have firmware 4302, one 0104 and another one with version 4004. # smartctl -a /dev/da0|grep -E "Device Model|Firmware" Device Model: TOSHIBA MG09ACA18TE Firmware Version: 4302 # smartctl -a...
  3. M

Whether expanding or replacing Lab

Hey everybody, At home, I have two labs, one based on R630s and R730s which I rarely turn on mainly due to noise, and also another smaller one, always-on, based on X10SRM-TF + 1x E5-2628L v4 and 64GB. I have around an X10DRi. With about 1500 euro, I could bring back to life this environment...
  4. M

AMD EPYC & OmniOSce/Solaris

Hey there Any real life experience using AMD EPYC with either OmniOSce or Oracle Solaris 11.4 in baremetal setup? Thanks!
  5. M

Partition same NVME for both SLOG and L2ARC

Hi all! I have a quick question about SLOG and L2ARC device. As per the following Reddit comment about partitioning the SLOG/L2ARC device it seems that it's not quite a safe operation. ZFS - how to partition SSD for ZIL or L2ARC use? What's your idea about it? The final setup would see two...
  6. M

Solaris 11.3/11.4 and M.2 NVME

Hi there, I'm recently playing a bit with Solaris and OmniOS mainly to replace my FreeNAS setup with a Solaris-ish one. Today, just for fun, I notice that 11.3 and 11.4 last beta do not show up any of my M.2 NVME. Those are Optane 32GB. My FreeBSD filer also exposes block through iSCSI and...