Search results

1. M

best price/perf/feature 4x SFP+ fanless switch

Hey there, As per $subject, what would be your recommendation for a fanless 4x SFP+ switch? So far on my radar, I only have the MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+IN and the super cool yet extremely expensive ICX 7150-C10ZP. This last one has 2x SPF+ and 2x 10Base-T which, for my needs, would be fine. Thanks!
  2. M

Toshiba MG09 - how to upgrade the firmware

well there are other reasons, the consume tier is the N300, while the MGxx are DC/enterprise devices. In a world where enterprise support cost almost as much as the thing you’re paying for, it makes sense I’m still a bit disappointed but that’s my own problem. that’s out of discussion, I now...
  3. M

Today Toshiba came back with kinda of a shocking answer I didn’t answer yet. So regarding their first point, all drives but 4004 come from the official Toshiba store on Amazon. The 4004 was bought from eBay. Any idea for a cleaver answer? I was thinking something like how their reputation...
  4. M

None. I wrote to Toshiba, they forwarded my ticket, asked for the SN and there has been no reply in a week. I guess, let's wait
  5. M

ok then one extra reason to try with a support case
  6. M

I'll open a support ticket with Toshiba then, just to be on the safe side. About backups, I know that what I'm about to say is not good, I don't have a backup. I have about 50TB used, thus a bit out of my reach ....
  7. M

Thank you both! Lenovo source is quite reliable, so that's a plus. Happen to know if the firmware upgrade would also erase the data? Also, any reason why Toshiba won't release official tools and firmware? Seems like the old 2010s BS lock-in story ...
  8. M

Hey everybody, I have five Toshiba MG09, sourced through different vendors. Three of them have firmware 4302, one 0104 and another one with version 4004. # smartctl -a /dev/da0|grep -E "Device Model|Firmware" Device Model: TOSHIBA MG09ACA18TE Firmware Version: 4302 # smartctl -a...
  9. M

Ryzen AM5 boards with IPMI

With the energy price spikes and the released of the non-X SKUs, what we only need is a great WS/server motherboard. Perhaps anybody has already any experience with ESXi with Ryder 7000?
  10. M

EU Some Brocade switches (ICX 6610 etc)

Honestly the ICX7750 piece is a steal, how could one pass a 48x 10Gbps and 6x 40Gbps Trident2 when for that piece there is literally nothing on eBay and second hand market?
  11. M

EU Some Brocade switches (ICX 6610 etc)

I have personally picked up a couple of months back a 7750, what to say, it's perfect :cool:
  12. M

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I think we're speaking too early without an important variable: time. The problem is back :-( To make sure there is nothing wrong, I re-initialized two of my baremetal nodes (an R630 and an R730) with a super simple setup (no lag, no lacp, no lldp, no loop-detection etc), a single vlan, and not...
  13. M

Hey there! Apologies for the late answer, in such shape my lab didn't really work, and setting something custom up takes time. tl;dr is weird without ANY change, this morning re-applying my config (same as the one on GitHub) the issue is essentially gone (well, I of course upgraded to the...
  14. M

Running config is here -> m4r1k/nfvi_lab Tomorrow I'll share the system logs (but there is literally nothing) Yes, I was directly connected to the mgmt port and also to various 10 and 40 Gbps ports. Nothing in between (besides the switch). Any network communication (ICMP, TCP, UDP, GRE etc)...
  15. M

Hey guys, Quick update, this morning I did a factory reset and the problem didn't go away (the config was default and IP assigned by DHCP) I was originally running the 08.0.30t and now upgraded to 08.0.30u but the issue is still here. It's weird because if I detach all DACs (10 and 40Gbps) the...
  16. M

Hey guys, I need a bit of help. Since this afternoon my ICX6610 is acting in a weird way. The symptom is packet drop/delay. See below a sample ping $ ping diablo -i 0.1 PING diablo (192.168.178.10): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 192.168.178.10: icmp_seq=0 ttl=64 time=0.678 ms 64 bytes from...
  17. M

Hey there! Recently my ICX 6610 has a weird problem, after like 12/13 hours that is on, the fan speed increases by a lot probably almost like during a fresh start/reload. Do you have any clue? Thanks! Edit: BTW the higher airflow is generated by the power supply #2 , if I'm not wrong, the...
  18. M

Whether expanding or replacing Lab

BTW, Anandtech has an interesting piece about ECC this month with the recommended CPU. https://www.anandtech.com/show/11891/best-cpus-for-workstations tl;dr going EPYC for me is, unfortunately, not an option. A more recent Intel architecture has the disadvantage of the sky-rocket price (ofc...
  19. M

Maybe I wasn't clear earlier, 1250 euro is for the full set of 17x 16GB and also two 2680 v4. Second hand, with 1h warranty, usually from bargain hardware. They ship super fast and these guys are pretty reliable. In my current mini lab there is already a 4x 16GB but with a different rank (2RX4...
  20. M

1250€ for 2x Xeon 2680v4 and 17x 16GB RDimm 2400MHz 2RX8 How does it look?