Search results

1. G

Supermicro 216 + x9drw-if + 2x E5-2650L for 475+shipping

is this 2.5 or 3.5 sleds? is there a specific riser that I'll need to add a 10gbe card?
  2. G

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

I didn't return it. He sent a replacement node for the bricked bmc one I had. That one showed no bmc version at boot and didn't have settings in the bios. I suggest you update from dos it's less hassle than installing 2008 just to update stuff then having to install 2012 when you are done...
  3. G

Ebay from seller itinstock original bios won't install windows server 2012. you need windows server 2008 if you are looking to do update from windows. You can also find the bios files to install from a usb drive. On the dell site they are going to be .exe file that extract the file you'll...
  4. G

I have a node that did the exact same thing except it came in that way. From the helpme files that were included in early versions of the bios I gather that to make sure that problem doesn't occur there is an update order one has to respect. FCB (with node #4) then BMC then BIOS. You'll see once...
  5. G

I meant if I use the vga port with a physical screen I get no signal and if I use BMC to get vKVM I get the green signal out of range screen. I've since resolved that nodes' problem by removing cpu2 and using only bare minimum to post. Only 1 stick of ram in cpu1 slot A1. Got vga after that and...
  6. G

Hi guys, first post after a lot of lurking to solve problems and see reviews of stuff. I bought a c6220 with 4 nodes off ebay, two of the nodes work great but the other two aren't playing nice. One of them at boot shows DCS PEC bios rev 1.0.14 and has no bmc. So I tried to flash only to find...