Search results

1. G

4TB seagate ST4000DM005 on amazon @79.99

Quite a price drop according to camelcamelcamel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LNJBA50?th=1&psc=1 https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B01LNJBA50
  2. G

Anyone familiar with the ebay seller greenteksolutions?

Is anyone here familiar with the seller greenteksolutions on ebay? The reason why I ask is that I got a great deal on some hardware from them, but when I tried to check out my card refused to go through and upon calling my bank I got the explanation that their automatic fraud protection system...
  3. G

Nvidia Tesla M40 - 115$ with free shipping

Seems like a decent deal, although I'm not sure what projects would be best suited for these cards, they have limited codec support so they might not be good for video but perhaps a good card for a hashcat setup...
  4. G

2x Broken Intel DC P4320 series 8TB - 500$

Asked seller about details on how they are broken and the only thing he said was that he had plugged it into his computer and they wouldn't appear... Kind of hard to believe that he's sitting 4-5000$ worth of disks and that's the only explaination he can give... But who knows, maybe the disks...
  5. G

Lenovo ML2 connector?

Wondering if anyone here is knowledgeable on the Lenovo ML2 connector? I accidentally bought some cards that are for that ML2 connector. I'm wondering if the ML2 connector is just a PCIe connector in a different form or if it's a whole different beast. If it's just PCIe, are then some...
  6. G

Symantec NetBackup 5020 / Huawei T3500 G2 - cheap 4u?

Anyone have experience with the Symantec NetBackup 5020? These are 4U servers supporting 24 disks, pretty similar to the SuperMicro 846. From a quick research I found out that these servers are originally Huawei T3500 G2. I'm mostly interested in what backplane is on these and if they are...
  7. G

switches for a 400mm cabinet?

switches for a 350mm cabinet? Hey guys, looking for a switch to fit into my 500x600x350mm cabinet at home. Any ideas of what I should get? What I'd like is 16-24 ports, GbE and I'd like to play around with vlans and igmp. PoE would be a bonus, for my AP and VoIP. 1-2 10GE/Fiber ports would...
  8. G

IPMI addon board?

Are there any IPMI addon boards available? For a home built machine. Actually don't need much functionality, just want to be able see what happens at boot and interact if needed. I am thinking about something like a graphics card, but instead of sending the video from vga/dvi it would be sent...
  9. G

Anyone played around with Sun Fire servers?

I know these are not the most common toys for the home NAS builds but I'm interested to see if anyone has played around with these servers. If anyone has hacked some consumer grade hdd's or other hardware into one of these servers etc. Any links with information (build threads etc.) highly...
  10. G

bcache - cache HDD's with an SSD

Thought you guys might be interested in this. Bcache - BcacheWiki I think this is a really interesting concept, unfortunately I haven't had a chance to try it out myself but I will do it as soon as I can.
  11. G

Nocro backplane upgrade?

So I've been thinking about upgrading my fileserver. I currently have a CM stacker that is abut as full of disks as they can be. I was just about to purchase a Norco 4224 when I decided to hit them up on google and oh boy oh boy a lot of negative reviews on their backplanes. Here's one...
  12. G

Garage build, worried about humidity

Servers in garage, worried about humidity Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. So here's my situation, I'm long overdue on moving my home servers ups and switches to a rack and out of the bedroom. The ideal place to move my hardware to is a basement under the...