Search results

1. Z

Best Approach to Cheap Distributed NVMe?

@rich0 fancy seeing you here haha. Welcome
  2. Z

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

I am told by one vendor that is the lack of PSU that have push the prices so high.
  3. Z

Ceph bug leads to slow write speed and latency

This was posted to the github page and ceph mailing list. This bug affects all Debian/Ubuntu distros using the packages from repo. This does affect proxmox. With the patch people are seeing 3-5x increase in both write speed and latency. The Ceph team has said they will backport this patch all...
  4. Z

WTB bulk Quadro P2000 5GB

Anyone got a USA based source to buy from 20x of those gpu that does not involve 20x sellers on ebay.
  5. Z

Inside the Secret Data Center at the Heart of the San Francisco 49ers Levis Stadium

You dont think the site like that does have 100gb uplinks? This week I just installed 2x 100gb (part of a ring) to a apartment building in ATL. We have dark fiber to the building. The optics was less than $10K for both links and the switch is an airsta 100gb uplink switch for $2k.
  6. Z

Inside the Secret Data Center at the Heart of the San Francisco 49ers Levis Stadium

IF the government was tied into camera system I dont think they would anything but a router/switch and pipe back to a government owned datacenter. You can supply the realtime feed from many cameras on a single 100gb link.
  7. Z

Storage Crypto ?

To pump up the whole crypto idea is my guess. ponzi scheme needs to keep finding new victims to hold off collapse.
  8. Z

Storage Crypto ?

The chatGPT powered bots really seems to like this thread
  9. Z

Proxmox & CEPH

Yes you can do the same thing with ceph. Set those two flags on the host that is about to reboot. remove flags after host is back online.
  10. Z

Big Multigig (2.5 / 5 / 10) PoE++ with QSFP+ / QSFP28 switches

Cisco C9300-48UXM with C9300-NM-2Y uplink module? between swtich and uplink module like $1600 on ebay.
  11. Z

Server for 2-4 NVMe for Ceph

Dell r630 supports NVMe on some of the 2.5drive slots.
  12. Z

need recommendation on 10/40/100gbe lower power with full feature networking

For work I use a arista DCS-7280QRA-C36S-M-R for bgp routing. 12x 100gb ports 24x 40gb ports with 11 ports connected it is using 297watts according to the build in power status.
  13. Z

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

My 7050-sx-64 with 4x 10gb and 2x 40gb active
  14. Z

Arista DCS-7050TX-64-F - eBay US

I deal directly with Dedicated networks and for work I order about a pallet a month of cisco and arista switches. They amazing vendor to deal with.
  15. Z

Radius and LDAP

I work for a small ISP and we have a mix of Mikrotik, cisco, arista and and in house hosted services like ntopng and librenms. Today we use local accounts on all of the devices or shared admin accounts. What is a good all in one solution or good guilds to setting up open source options like mix...
  16. Z

Recommended eBay seller for used 10G SFP+ access network switches

Dedicated networks is great to work with. There gear comes with a one year replacement warranty. Last week I got a switch from them, it was DOA. They next day air shipped me a replacement and told me don't bother shipping back the dead one.
  17. Z

anyone got cisco 3650 firmware?

Yes I know how do to it with .bin but it seems like that is the older mode seems the newer way is this "install" mode with the pkg and a packages.conf. I am hoping to find a way to back those up and be able to restore them
  18. Z

@BoredSysadmin Looks like my switch is in Install mode is there anyway up backup current firmware?
  19. Z

Anyone got any newer firmware than I have? hardware WS-C3650-48PD firmware 03.06.10E