Search results

1. maxermaxer

FS: Lots of Supermicro servers/motherboards, DDR4 RDIMMs, drives, etc

Hi BlueFox, I have just PMed you. Thank you!
  2. maxermaxer

Dell Optiplex 3000 Thin Client

What design program do you refer to? Thin Client doesn't really perform well on the programs that need high computing power. Office software is okay. You should have a standalone PC to run design program like Adobe's softwares etc.
  3. maxermaxer

My personal experience on fan mod for SX1012/SX6012

Thanks for sharing! May I know what kind of "speed control bug" it is? ("...Better to avoid pwm fans due to some speed control bug"). I recently encountered a situation that I cannot change the speed of the original fans. Link here. Thanks!
  4. maxermaxer

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Thanks! The fans actually spin. I have checked. I typed this “fae mlxi2c set_fan /MGMT/FAN1 1 XX” but the problem is it doesn’t show error message but the fan speed stay the same.
  5. maxermaxer

Can anyone help shed some light? I was able to open the lid, use a 14cm fan to cool down the CPUBOARD. I did some investigation and found that my switch fans cannot be set the speed no matter what. Hence the RPMs are way below the treadsold. In command line console the status are all...
  6. maxermaxer

Update: I followed the guide and successfully upgraded the image from 3.4.0012 to 3.6.3004 to 3.6.8012. All done in command line. I need to change the admin webpage to begin with "https://" After logging in I got the warning message: 2023/11/04 09:55:51 : Insufficient number of working fans...
  7. maxermaxer

I see thanks! I think I can use ETH mode even I am at this 3.4 image. Not sure if it is because I have got the VPI licensing assistance from the seller and already registered it. Thanks again!
  8. maxermaxer

Thanks for such a quick response! Appreciate! Oh I didn't know that I need to upgrade to 3.6 for the license to work. Another dumb question if you don't mind. What does the license do? Anything I am losing if the license doesn't work? Thanks again!
  9. maxermaxer

Hi figure7555, thanks for sharing! I am about to do the same to update the image. You said "... I booted back to the previous version and tried the install again". May I know how you "boot it back to theh previous version" since you said you didn't get into the GUI. Did you do that in the...
  10. maxermaxer

Hi, I have successfully converted my EMC SX6012 to Mellanox by following the guide from dodgy route. I am now on 3.4.0012 image. I have a couple of questions after reading all the threads here: 1) What is the safetest way to upgrade the image from 3.4.0012 to 3.6.8010 or 8012? Through the...
  11. maxermaxer

Thanks so much figure7555! I am in the middle of converting FRU. :-)
  12. maxermaxer

It is great to see after so many years this post is still alive! I am a late joiner for SX6012. Just bought one from 2nd hand market. I will read this thread from the beginning but may I ask: 1) there seems to be two guides, one from mpogr and the other from dodgy route (a shorter version)...
  13. maxermaxer

Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro EN (MCX314A-BCCT)

I know this is probably a dumb question: is there any difference between cables for 10G and 40G? I am using 10G network but never used 40G before. :-)
  14. maxermaxer

Looking for: Asus Z10PE-D8 WS modded bios w bifurcation

I can confirm both the slot 5 (x16) and 7 (x16) work for x4x4x4x4 burification after testing. Thanks!
  15. maxermaxer

Hi RolloZ170. I just flashed this BIOS. As you said the menu of burification is hidden. Is this BIOS enabling the CPU2 PCIE Slot which is Slot 5, 6, and 7? You said both but which two slots are you referring to? Where can I find the option to switch to x4x4x4x4?
  16. maxermaxer

Hi icodeforyou, may I know your use case of the burification? I use it for Asus Hyper M.2 card for a NVME based NAS.
  17. maxermaxer

QLOGIC QL45252TLCU Dual 25GbE NICs

Hi has anyone got this working? I am wondering if they are vendor-locked. I cannot get them working ...
  18. maxermaxer

Yes I did. I flashed the custom bios in the IPMI enviorment (ASUS ASMB8). After entering the bios I can see the option to set slot 5 burificaiton.