Search results

1. J

ES Xeon Discussion

I am at similar state like Klee and can recommend what krista wrote. My setup is 2x 2667 V4 and Asus Z10PE-D8 WS. In some cases, my old 4470K is faster for games, even for normal use (and also boot speed). That is because of single core performance. This might change with Threadripper. I did not...
  2. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Hi again to everyone. I was using 2x V4 QHVD in Asus Z10PE-D8 for about 8 months, where one day (well, actually deep night) the system died with CATT_ERR lit on after every boot. I was able to isolate it to secondary CPU (the damaged one, see my old posts), because the system was working fine...
  3. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Good thing i have no plans reselling it. :) So that is bottom right corner of the pin map posted earlier? It seems to me more like VSS/PEG_TX-RX area, but some of the pins seems to be duplicated on the chip. I did not know how to identify which corner is which and if the map is for socket or CPU...
  4. J

ES Xeon Discussion

About the pin damage - one of my two V4 arrived with pretty big scratch, seller HWTrade. I used is as secondary CPU i n Z10PE-D8. For this reason, i had to buy full load of RAM (8 sticks) and spent week with testing, to be sure. I found nothing wrong with it, all was stable, but the seller was...
  5. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Well, i selected it mainly for the design and layout, since i have it in Thermaltake P5 wallmount case, you can see photo here: ES Xeon Discussion Now i have two Titan X Pascal in it in SLI (not Xp). That might be the problem. Except for some sleep issues (it runs 24/7 anyway) and small iKVM...
  6. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Just bit offtopic note: there is new BIOS for Asus Z10PE-D8 WS, 3407, i had it available pre-release and using it few weeks, no issues noticed with V4 QHVD. Except i had to remove my graphic cards after flashing it, the board was unable to complete POST with them. Probably fixing the Intel ME...
  7. J

ES Xeon Discussion

QHVD, ES2. Rock stable so far, even despite one CPU arrived with damaged pads. See this thread: Xeon ES/QS Turbo Bins Database Edit: seems like i made a mistake, it is 3,2GHz. Great thing is it does not clock down much with more CPU cores load.
  8. J

ES Xeon Discussion

My general purpose Dual Xeon have 2667 V4, that is 3,1GHz max (32 threads total) and about half year ago cost 350 USD/piece, however hard to find these days. I was not able to find faster V4 ES which would be affordable or even exist, some 2687W/269x might be bit faster, but those are not...
  9. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Yeah, now i remember. SB-E, that is Xeon V1, right? It seems to be hard to find details about Intel errata, so i will trust you that the V4 ES should be fine for regular use. :) Works pretty good for me, in some ways better then previous system with retail 4770K.
  10. J

ES Xeon Discussion

I was aware of this V3 issue, but it would not be a problem for my use. SB-E problem, i do not remember that clear enough. Do you know about any bug in V4 ES?
  11. J

ES Xeon Discussion

I have V4 ES2 and it is rock stable, so do not know how that can be better. I was thinking differently - o went for V4, because there is probably no major changes over V3, it is just a next iteration. So i was thinking, even if for example V3 ES2 had some issue, it will be already fixed in V4...
  12. J

Xeon ES/QS Turbo Bins Database

E5 2667 V4 QHVD Runs at 2.6GHz with AVX load.
  13. J

ES Xeon Discussion

Well, i would not expect that to work. Of course you can try it, if you will have the option to return the RAM if needed, but to me it seems like a wrong thing to do, it is just not meant to work. Just expect there might be a problem. For me, i went the safe way, because i think 64GB (in my...
  14. J

ES Xeon Discussion

I think it might work only if the chipset is not C610 (like X99). The only memory which worked with even single CPU on Z10PE-D8 WS was Registered ECC. Unregistered ECC does not work too (that was mistake i done).
  15. J

ES Xeon Discussion

One problem i have however. I just found it now. When i try to do S3 sleep, the system does not boot on wake up, ending with error E1 (S3 boot script execution) and red CATTERR light. Hibernation work correctly. Both sleep modes fully power off the system, so it takes around 30 seconds to wake...
  16. J

ES Xeon Discussion

So, my build is finally complete. It is a bit offtopic here, but i attached a photo of the finished system. Here are specs/benchmark: Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Performance Results - UserBenchmark Some notes: System itself does not boot noticeably faster then old system (4470K), meaning from spinning...
  17. J

ES Xeon Discussion

But since this was seen before on similar boards, i think it is problem of the board. You probably found on the web that the Z10PE-D8 had problems in the past with V4 CPUs (ES, retail) and i think also 22-core CPUs (not sure if ES only or not). Good luck.
  18. J

ES Xeon Discussion

I see L0 in HWinfo Stepping, but QHVD(ES2) in SSPEC/QDF on my "2667". That is confusing. All i can tell is VMWare Player is working and that is all i need.
  19. J

ES Xeon Discussion

I would suggest returning the board, if it is possible and getting proven Z10PE-D8 WS. That one is working with QHVD (ES2), so your CPUs might work. But for V4, it probably needs to be v1.04, so get new one. Unless you need the insane amount of DIMM slots. There is also Z10PA-D8, which not much...
  20. J

ES Xeon Discussion

About Z10PE and fans - they are regulated dynamically, but the temperature where they spin up is 55-60C, if you have set them i think High speed (which is 50% PWM, not sure). That is temperature i personally do not reach.