Search results

1. T

FS: Cleaning out the closet Intel NUC/RAM/SAS drives

After doing the freebies thread, I realized I have other stuff that needs to go! will try and add pics later. Payment via Paypal (no friends and family) Actual shipping costs so buy a few things :p Linksys LRT214 Business Gigabit VPN Router few small cosmetic scratches Linksys LRT214...
  2. T

10gb network only getting 2.5gb on windows

Ok, so I got my new to me Brocade 7250 48 port POE in and been playing around with it. Got it mostly configured and ready to go. Tested 1 of my POE ReoLink 4k cameras and works 1gb nic pluged in and works 10gb x4 via fiber working interestingly enough though.. I cannot get more than 2.5gb out...
  3. T

Help me redo my network please...

I am by far not a networking guy... I know I tend to go all over so I will put this at the top so people can know what I am asking early... Switch Recommendations for 5 current machines to go 10gb with expansion to 8? Looking at this but reviews don't seem too great (yes on a slight budget)...
  4. T

HP Procurve 6400CL and Brocade Fastiron 648S

First the most important thing: STH is an awesome place. So much going on here. We are all good at certain areas and people are so willing to help others. Many "Forum" sites have gone away due to FB groups, etc... but STH strives and it is because of its members!!! now enough brown nosing and...
  5. T

Help getting machine to boot - almost out of hair

I have had a computer running Server 2022 with an HBA and extender. Running stablebit drive pool with an ssd pool and sata pool. Random drops on drives that has been frustrating me. I have upgraded to Server 2022 a few months ago. I didnt really "upgrade" but I boot off of a thumb drive and...
  6. T

Recommend me an 8i hba for Server 2022

I have an on going issue and not gettig anywhere with fixing it so I figure lets try something different. I currently have an HP H220 8-i card that was working flawlessly in Server 2019 for a while. It started giving me issues with random hard drives dropping from my system. This H220 drives an...
  7. T

HP H220 Drivers

This is going to be a long post so I apologize up front!!! LOL Years ago, I setup a machine - can be seen here with stablebit - My Rackmount Server It has been running server 2019 for few years and been great. SSD pool and SATA pool... all well... I started noticing that the pools were losing...
  8. T

HP SFP to HP CX4 ports

Ok so I have a 10gb network with all Connectx-1 and Connectx-2 cards that have the CX4 plug. They work great. I am getting 10gb in Windows 10, Server 2019 and even ESXI. FreeNAS does too if I run 11.1u7 - anything newer and it doesn't see the card. anywho… I also run an HPE OfficeConnect 1820...
  9. T

Dell M5110 ServeRAID SAS card question

ok so I was digging around in my box (bought something on craigslist and guy threw in a box of cards/cables, etc..)... and there was an IBM PN 00AE807 board and searching on this site, lead me to it being an M5110 card. I put this in a Lenovo Thinkstation and it doesn't see it.. doesn't show...
  10. T

lsi 9201-16i OR 9300-16i for SSD?

Ok so now that my machine is up and running... and I have 3x 8i cards in it... I'm out of pci-e slots and want to get my 10gb nic back in... thus I need a 16i card (well 2 really)... but for now 1 will do... for SSD... will the 9201-16i @ 6gb be sufficient? I am running them individually so...
  11. T

need a way to share soccer pics for free

Ok so I used to use Flickr for forums that only allow you to provide a link to a pic... Others used photobucket, but they went paid version and people lost pics...ok then our soccer team uses teamsnap, used too... well they lowered their picture section as I would upload, next week delete old...
  12. T

30-40x 2.5" drive bay case?

ok so I have about 4 machines running 2.5" drives... was my test lab... 2x esxi boxes, 1x freenas, 1x windows file server.... I am done with all of that and just want to find a case to put all of my 2.5" drives in. Before anyone says.. 8tb or up drives are cheap, go that route... I have all SSD...
  13. T

Dell Powerconnect 2724 and HP Procurve 6400CL

I have a Dell Powerconnect 2724 and I just went 10gb on my test lab area. The testlab area is using an HP Procurve 6400cl - CX4 ports vs rj45... so.. I am trying to figure out if it is possible to get them connected together so I can ditch the 1gb lines on my testlab pcs. for the powerconnect...
  14. T

Dell 4x NVME card in HP Z420...

ok so I have a Dell 4x NVME PCIe card... this one.. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0719SY7QR/ref=twister_B071J4X7Z4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 with 4x 256gb nvme drives... I boot Freenas and it sees 1x256gb. Card is in a PCIe 16x slot... I am not sure if anything needs to be done as I don't see...
  15. T

Tweaks to my new setup that im thinking? ESXI/FreeNAS

Ok so I run a single ESXI server with local storage and it works great for my needs. I do however, want to start playing around with FreeNAS, vMotion, etc.... with that I was talking to a bud who gave me a machine to use for my 2nd esxi box. Matches my first so I'm good with that to add both...
  16. T

Maximum memory for normal use

so my daily use rig is as follows: Dell Precision T5810 Xeon e5-1630 v4 64gb DDR4 2400T (2x16gb and 4x8gb) Dell PCIe quad nvme card with 2x Samsung 512gb nvme (PM961 and SM951) I use this machine to do light gaming Division, Siege, L4D2, Killing Floor, Black Ops photo editing with Lighroom...
  17. T

Need help on Dell H310

ok so I was just handed a dell h310 card and went to flash it in IT mode. I googled and landed on various pages and read and tried what they said. I cannot get this card to flash and I think somewhere I messed up and I don't have a sass address now. is there a way I can flash this card back to...
  18. T

Dual monitor / dual pc - displayport kvm - feedback

ok so I did search here and didn't really find anything. I posted on another forum and really nothing positive came back... meaning no one really is using any.. so from a google - I found that Startech makes one (and we use a lot of startech stuff at work)... so it wasn't cheap... $250 from...
  19. T

WTB: 2x 120mm fans and 200mm fan for Antec 900

Ok so my case is old.. 2008.. and just repurposing it, I see that the fans are crap. so googling, im seeing the Antec 900 case is still a bit pricey to just go buy a new one and curious on what fans would be a good choice to replace with? my current top 200mm is toast. Not sure what happened...
  20. T

how to flash a procurve 6400cl???

Ok so network n00b here.. but I got a procurve 6400 6 port switch up and running. it is running an old version (believe 2007 and 2016 fw is available)... so can someone explain to me how to do this.. yes I need a start to finish please!!!