Search results

1. B

Mobile Data Center building block?

So I ran into this earlier today - The RAVEN Multi Purpose Rider - YouTube Short version: Ride on Lawn Mower - Check! ATV with 500 lb tow rating - Check! 7.1kW Generator with 30A plug - Check! Talk about riding out the storm - haul the server and the UPS it's connected to to...
  2. B

Separate true B/S/T from people linking to their eBay auctions

What are your thoughts on having a separate section for people to link to their active eBay auctions instead of the main B/S/T? Kind of goes against rule #2 of "must post a price, no auction style". Although Rule #1 (Put what you're selling in the title) also somewhat contradicts rule #4 (Only...
  3. B

Super Talent 8GB DDR3-1333/PC3-10600 ECC UNREGISTERED $49

Anyone looking to fill their Xeon E3 based system (eg. X9SCM, etc) I believe this is currently the cheapest way to do it at $196 shipped for 32GB 1x 8GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 MHz PC3 10600 240 Pin ECC Micron Chip Server Memory | eBay Lots of reviews specifically mentioning these working well...
  4. B

SC745/743/742 Rails - CSE-PT26L-B

Are all of the CSE-PT26L-B rails threaded m5 on the front bracket? How have people been installing them in square hole racks? I drilled out the holes to use the same cagenuts and bolts as for everything else. Should I have done it differently? Please feel free to post pictures showing me I'm...
  5. B

10% off any purchase at NewEgg with v.me

Newegg Coupon: Additional 10% off Purchases When You Pay with V.me by VISA - Newegg Deals, Coupons and Promos
  6. B

Supermicro hotswap cage vs. IcyDock

So I kind of want to free up some of the 3.5" hotswap bays that currently have 2.5" SSDs in adapters, and it seems like the easiest way will be to add a block of 4 (or 6) 2.5" bays where there is currently a 5.25" hole in my Supermicro SC745. Option 1: CSE-M14TB, 4 bays. Officially only...
  7. B

Western Digital hates us all - DONT UPGRADE FIRMWARE

WDTV Live/Live Plus- great product, effectively took the concept of the popcornhour and got it out to the masses at BestBuy. When it comes to codec support, network streaming, etc, it works great. Until January 17th when Western Digital released the "final firmware update" for the WDTV Live...
  8. B

BadAtSAS FS/FT - RAM and more!

WTB: 2 Kingston KVR16E11/8 DDR3-1600 ECC Unregistered DIMMs Guys, I have some fully buffered ECC DDR2 for sale of various types. Figured I'd give you guys a chance to buy it cheaper before it goes on eBay. This RAM is appropriate for Supermicro X7-based Xeon motherboards, Dell 2900, 2950...
  9. B

Asus RS100-X7 1U Socket 1155 Barebone $225 @ NewEgg

ASUS RS100-X7 1U Server Barebone - Newegg.com 1U Rackmount case with C202 Socket-1155 based motherboard (Xeon E3-12xx v2 compatible), up to 32gb of ram. 250 watt 80plus (bronze) power supply. Comes with rails, low profile heatsink, and the pcie riser Seems like some decent bang for the...
  10. B

Lian Li PC-Q25B MiniITX Case $70 - Good NAS Case

$120 - $35 off with promo code EMCYTZT2927 - $15 rebate = $70. 7x 3.5" bays (5x are hotswap) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=ZilYxnZHEeKMdALPAJ0VwgVH4_8WYR3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&Item=11-112-339&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=
  11. B

Intel "P/S Aux" vs. Supermicro "Power SMB i2c"

So I'm putting an Intel S1200BTLR into a SuperMicro SC745. The Intel mobo has a (looks like an old analog CD-ROM Audio) 5 pin jack to communicate with the (Intel) power supply labled "P/S Aux", with zero pin-out detail available anywhere on the whole internet that I've seen. The Supermicro has...
  12. B

Doing my first ServeTheHome enabled build

Hello everyone have been lurking for a while and absorbing the massive amount of information that I've missed on the hardware side while working with primarily enterprise software for the last few years. I have a full height rack in my basement that currently only has rackmounted network gear...
  13. B

Dell H700 in older ECS A790GX-AD3

Hello all, finally outgrew my little SATA port multiplier from a speed requirements perspective. Bought a Dell H700 which I intend on flashing to an LSI9260. I have an ECS A790GX-AD3 with a Phenom X4 925 running at the moment that I want to play with the card in - has 2x PCIe 2.0 16x...