Search results

1. D

In search of Broadcom SAS3908 debug UART info

Thanks Gnome. Yeah I finally got physical access to the system in question and the H755 FRONT within it and ran a meter across the pins to ground. Two pins showed 1.8V, one showed 1.5V, and the last one appeared to be ground. Of the two 1.8V pins, those appeared to be Rx and Tx. I set my TTL...
  2. D

In search of Broadcom SAS3908 debug UART info

Hi, I'm looking for info on the debug UART that's present on these controllers and, specifically, the Dell PERC series. I am guessing that these are implemented as 3.3V TTL interfaces operating at some speed, but I'd like to be sure before hooking anything up to it so that the magic blue smoke...
  3. D

Looking for Atom C3x00+10Gb owner

Yeah, I'm totally down to build the system myself, it's just always seems that it's hard to find just the motherboards that aren't being sold from some shady-looking place. I'll check out wiredzone.
  4. D

That one is perfect because it implements both SFP+ and 10GBASE-T. Where is a good source for just SMCI boards and chassis? Every place I look, only complete systems are offered. I'd like to build a system with this board inside a E200 or E300 chassis, but this combination does not seem to exist...
  5. D

Those look like they're using a X722 MAC that has a KR link to X557-AT2 for implementing the 10GBASE-T PHYs. That would be covered by the i40e driver.
  6. D

I'm looking for anyone who might be running an illumos distribution (preferably OmniOSce or OI) on a Atom C3x00 board that has the integrated X553-based 10Gb MAC. The PHY can be either SFP+ or BASE-T through the X557 (I think SMCI makes a board variant which has both - even better!) I have a...
  7. D

OmniOS 151022 long term stable

Yes, the news is unfortunate. Dan and I will continue to ready r151022 for full release, but there will be no development being done or sponsored by OmniTI after May. In the mean time, we will also try to work with people in the community to make a plan for OmniOS after May. Since this has...
  8. D

LSI 2308 (9217-8i) on Solaris 11.3?

One must understand the sometimes dark world of hardware HCLs. Your 9207 and 9217 might have the exact same controller chip on the pcboard and the only effective physical difference might be that some leads from it are electrically connected for an extra plug, but since the 9217 wasn't actually...
  9. D

NVME Napp-It / OmniOS Pass through in ESXI -- date?

Not our road map, as neither Dan nor myself have the time at the moment nor the VMware knowledge/bits to test it with. I'm not sure what you mean by Nexenta releasing them to the illumos community, because they haven't submitted a patch to add VAAI in illumos-gate to developers@. If what you...
  10. D

I've been watching this thread, so I know it's desired. I will backport this fix to 014, 018, and 020. We're working on a ton of prep work for 022 at the moment around Python and getting things sorted for being able to support a better installer which supports tsoome's recent work with porting...
  11. D

FYI, we plan to pull the NVME 1.1 support (with associated blkdev fixes) and e1000g driver support for Kaby Lake chips back to 014 as well.
  12. D

OmniOS and Xeon D - do Intel X552/X557 NIC drivers work?

Current 151014 and later of OmniOS and any reasonably recent SmartOS image will have my updates to the ixgbe driver which introduced support for X552/X557 PHY and X550EM MAC on the Xeon-D chips. In fact, a SuperMicro D-1540 system was my development platform for those changes. Also works fine on...