Search results

1. M

Good / cheap UPS with networking

Thanks for the recommendation that looks perfect and 2u works. In regards to calculation I’ll run that when I’m back home. Probably 125 to 175 watts for 10 minutes
  2. M

Good / cheap UPS with networking

Could anyone recommend something < $300 used or new in a 1U form factor, and with network functionality that can signal loss of power? If there's something that can hook into esxi that'd be ideal but I'll learn more about that.
  3. M

Release dates for Xeon d 2700 CPU’s and supermicro mbs?

I’m under the impression that these are not out yet. Or am I mistaken? Any vague or otherwise guesses about availability timing?
  4. M

WTT - I have one S3700 800GB, would like to trade for two S3700 400GB models

I might also be interested in trading up for S3710's in 400GB sizes. For instance I might be able to trade to you two S3700 800GB models and two S3700 400GB models for four S3710 400GB.
  5. M

WTT - I have one S3700 800GB, would like to trade for two S3700 400GB models

Anyone interested in a trade? I believe the writes to be very low. I'm willing to check the writes amounts, but let's leave that as a final step if you're interested in the trade. I live in San Diego but we can exchange via mail. I don't have any trading profiles but I'm happy to verify with...
  6. M

Confusion around 10nm intel leaked benchmarks

After reading an article and then running into a YouTube video about the mystery I came here thinking there might be some fun speculation. Is there a thread I’m missing?
  7. M

Mikrotik CRS317-1G-16S+RM / 10GbE

This shows up on the compatible list for the (new?) S+RJ10 module which promises 10 gig over copper using cat6/7 in an SFP+ port module and has a retail price of $65. This could be the one!? If I could get the copper link to work this could be the perfect soho switch!
  8. M

Connecting Xeon-D 10G base-T to SFP+ switch

That module could be super helpful. Anyone purchase one? I haven't seen retailers after a quick search.
  9. M

POWER RANT

10. M

MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard Review Hello Threadripper

I read the article and found it informative. I did cringe a bit at all the questionable marketing speak that the manufacturer throws in. Overall, glad AMD is back.
  11. M

Connecting Xeon-D 10G base-T to SFP+ switch

Same boat here.
  12. M

Intel X540-T2 bs X550-T2 in Synology

Cool, no worries.
  13. M

!SOLD! XRackPro2 Noise Reducing Server Cabinets

That's helpful, clearly they perform their objective based on your experience. Makes sense they can't be expected to create total silence of course. Well, I'd buy one if I were close to you so good luck, price seems good.
  14. M

!SOLD! XRackPro2 Noise Reducing Server Cabinets

These seem pretty cool. Did you find them to be effective specifically at noise reduction? Wish you were in SoCal but I'm interested in your opinion on their effectiveness in any case. I've been interested in something similar but hope to not spend and then conclude they're a gimmick...
  15. M

Intel X540-T2 bs X550-T2 in Synology

I'm really interested in your ASUS $99 NIC testing. Can you let us know what you observe with it?
  16. M

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Here's the SMART data for the unit with the green in it. As I mentioned above, I didn't shuck it (relief). So weird! I'll return it tomorrow most likely. Of the eight I bought, 6 have passed short tests and are undergoing long tests. One didn't show up in FreeNAS or Windows when powered and...
  17. M

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Yeah one of the eight that I bought (each was a 8TB Thailand) seems to have a 1TB in it! Yes, it was shrink-wrapped. And I totally agree that someone likely scammed and a return. I will be returning it, hope *I* don't end up being the one they think scammed! I'll play around a little more...
  18. M

So I'm testing my eight drives I got yesterday locally. One of them is listed in FreeNAS as a 1TB drive. I attached it to a windows box and ran CrystalDiskInfo. It's telling me that the drive is a WD10EACS which seems to be a 1TB Green. Power On Hours is listed as 1316 hours. I didn't shuck...
  19. M

DDR4 RAM for Sale outstanding price (SOLD)

ELit3, any chance you can share the story of the failed project? Seems interesting to me...
  20. M

Purchased eight 8TB Thailands today in San Diego. Don't have much reason to not want the Chinese model but I like consistency. First store in San Diego had 7 Thailands and 10 Chinas. The sales guy was very helpful (some of the Thailands were in the back). He rung me up for the seven but when...