Search results

1. P

Canada [FS] Supermicro Server 6027TR-DTRF - 2 nodes - 128 Gig RAM - Dual Xeon E5-2680 - used

@Aestr Ho thanks for the tips. Was so happy to post this here, I've forgot the basis. Here the post updated
  2. P

Canada [FS] Supermicro Server 6027TR-DTRF - 2 nodes - 128 Gig RAM - Dual Xeon E5-2680 - used

Supermicro Server 6027TR-DTRF 2U two server available for total of 4 nodes CPU: Dual Xeon E5-26 Memory: 128 G SAS Controller: Yes Chipset: Intel C602 Chipset IPMI: Yes Motherboard: MBD-X9DRT- Chassis: CSE-827HQ-R162 Power Supply: Dual PWS-1K28P- Rail kit: inclut Cost: 980,00 $ CAD Expedition...
  3. P

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

@nickf1227 Last time I check, X10 and more recent board doesn't provide access to the BCM using i2c. This make it impossible to control the fan from the operating system.
  4. P

Expected performance for ZFS Randz2

Hello, I need you opinion about the poor performance I've observed on a pretty decent server. The following stat was observed while creating a GIN Index in a postgresql database. e.g.: iostat -x -m 3 avg-cpu: %user %nice %system %iowait %steal %idle 0.51 0.00 9.24...
  5. P

Any recommendation where to buy quiet rackmountable chassis ?

If I plan to go with the 2U server CSE-826. Would you have any recommendation to replace the fan with quiet version of them ? Otherwise, I understand it's better to go with the 4U server.
  6. P

Any recommendation where to buy quiet rackmountable chassis ?

Hello, I'm looking for affordable rack mountable server chassis with SAS backplane with at least 6 disk or more. Quiet. And if possible with dual PSU. So far, I had a look at Supermicro CSE-826 from "The server Store". at 199$ USD + shipping it's a good option but I'm not sure the fan in the...
  7. P

On X8, it technically possible by using the chipset registry. But on X9 and higher it's not possible as I know.
  8. P

Canada WTB: Supermicro 1U Chassis CSE-512L

Hello, From Canada / Quebec, I'm looking fo a Supermicro chassis 1U. Ideally a CSE-512L. There are many on amazon or ebay but those are way to expensive for my need. Looking for something used under 100$.
  9. P

BTW, the value "3" is not skipped. It's available on some board like mine: X9DRT It's mean: Set Fan to PUE(Power Utilization Effectiveness) Optimal Speed
  10. P

LSI 9210-8i only detected two HDD !?

With some testing on a bench test, I notice some of the disk had a jumper in the back and others did not have a jumper. Seems this little jumper is causing all the issue. Disks without a jumper is properly detected by the LSI 9210-8i controller. While disks with a jumper are completely ignored...
  11. P

LSI 9210-8i only detected two HDD !?

Hello, I own a LSI 9210-8i controller. We installed it with 12 HDD. Those are various model of 2TB Western Digital. Some are red, other are green. When starting the server with these drives, only 4 disk get detected (the red one). We have tested with various cable. We also try other LSI...
  12. P

Reorganize our infrastructure for OpenShift/Kubernetes

Yep, I have the feeling GlusterFs or Ceph doesn't fit our need since we don't plan to have more than 3 nodes. As Patrik mention, there is a huge performance drop using this technology. Figuring out the storage for Kubernetes is not that easy... We usually use Proxmox ZFS storage replication when...
  13. P

Reorganize our infrastructure for OpenShift/Kubernetes

Hello, As I don't have a lot of experience setting up OpenShift and Kubernetes, I'm asking for help here as a way to brainstorm and find creative way to leverage our existing infrastructure. As a new initiative to embrace Docker, we start dockerizing all our software and we are deploying them...
  14. P

Does anyone use Kubernetes for their docker homelab setup?

Because I cannot find alot of resources related to kubernetes on STH, I want to revive this post and provide my feedback. I also feel kubernetes is overkill for home lab.Still, If you only have a single node (a master) it's very to start a new kubernetes instance with minikube. It can also be...
  15. P

Supermicro IPMI Fan control

Hey ! I manage to have some control over the fan Speed. Nutoton W83795G chipset provide alot of control over the fan speed. It's full of option and the SuperMicro BIOS and IPMI expose very very little. I'm really impress by the granularity available. I've wrote a little python script to change...
  16. P

Well, after reading the code. It seams the driver is buggy when used with IPMI. The driver tries to override the chipset registry (erasing value set by BIOS). So I disable both driver: w83627ehf and w83795g. Now I attempt to directly write into the registry based on w83795g implementation and...
  17. P

After some googling and digging. Linux is loading two driver for the BCM: w83627ehf and w83795g dmesg has the following output. In sysfs, I previsouly found `/sys/devices/platform/w83627ehf.2576` but I also found another path `/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1f.3/i2c-0/0-002f` provided by...
  18. P

The value reported by the DIMM seams to be in normal range. IMO, the Winbound chipset W83627DHG-P is detected by the kernel and I loaded the proper driver w83627ehf. I tried to change the value directly using the sysfs (/sys/devices/platform/w83627ehf.2576) but whatever the value I set, it...
  19. P

With Evergy Saving, the fan run at 6500RPM. Mine is installed in a 6016T-MTLF. It's a 1U server.
  20. P

Yep, I've set the fan control speed to "Energy Saving/ES". The fan does down to 6500RPM. I cannot change the Fan speed in IPMI. I need to change it in BIOS. $ sudo ipmitool raw 0x30 0x70 0x66 0x01 0x00 0x32 [sudo] password for debian: Unable to send RAW command (channel=0x0 netfn=0x30 lun=0x0...