Search results

1. Jeff Robertson

ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE + Intel Xeon Sapphire Rapids SP ES = works it

That is exactly what I'm looking for so thank you for posting. My build would be pretty simple, 28 core version, 256GB RAM, 2x NVMe SSDs and not much else. I currently have an Epyc 7402 24 core setup that uses about 150W at idle so the Xeon W might be a bit of an upgrade while using less power.
  2. Jeff Robertson

ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE + Intel Xeon Sapphire Rapids SP ES = works it

Awesome project! I've been considering something similar so here are some questions: What is the idle power draw like? Can you use m.2 drives in a RAID array? And will it take 110mm length drives? My use case would be as a server running about three dozen VMs on Server 2022 and I would like...
  3. Jeff Robertson

AMD EPYC Rome CPU via HPE 'upgrade' very cheap

I've purchased about a dozen of that model that have the 7402 Rome CPU in them. You should have no problem upgrading to a Rome CPU as long as the cooling can handle it. Milan is off the table unfortunately. Good luck!
  4. Jeff Robertson

FS: RTX 3070

Sold. I should have another 3070 and a 3080 (both dell) at some point in the next month.
  5. Jeff Robertson

FS: RTX 3070

I have a Dell OEM RTX 3070 for sale. Don't know how to tell if it's LHR or non-LHR (eBay listings show non-LHR). I pulled it out of Dell and tested it, played Riftbreaker at about 120fps (WQHD+) with no issue and wasn't making any noticeable noise. This model seems to be going for $1200 to...
  6. Jeff Robertson

SSDs with plp?

Here are my $0.02. I've used a lot of Intel and Samsung PLP SSDs. I now use Micron exclusively, specifically their 5X00 series of SATA drives (they also have M.2 SATA and NVMe drives). They all have PLP, the Pro and MAX lineup have very high endurance and you can update their firmware through...
  7. Jeff Robertson

EXPIRED 16TB Seagate Expansion $274.99 (Exos x16)

8 of the 9 drives I have are bare drives with the 5 year warranty. They all shipped with sn02.
  8. Jeff Robertson

EXPIRED 16TB Seagate Expansion $274.99 (Exos x16)

I've got 9 of them. They all came with SN02 firmware but you can download SN03 and update them manually. All of mine updated with no issue.
  9. Jeff Robertson

FS: EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 SC

Afternoon, I've had it since it was new, 2016 or 17 I think. I used it on my HTPC until I replaced it with a 5700xt recently and the mod kit was because EVGA screwed up the design and some of the modules weren't being cooled properly. They sent out a kit with thermal pads so there would be...
  10. Jeff Robertson

FS: EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 SC

I have the superclocked version of EVGAs GTX 1080 8GB for sale. It is in perfect working order and comes in the original box. EVGA shipped me the backplate mod kit right after I bought it so there have been no overheating issues. Price is firm @ $260 + shipping to the conus.
  11. Jeff Robertson

SOLD: Crucial 32GB DDR4 RDIMMs

Sorry but they have all been sold.
  12. Jeff Robertson

SOLD: Crucial 32GB DDR4 RDIMMs

*SOLD* I have 8 2400Mhz DDR4 RDIMMs for sale. Worked flawlessly in an x10 and an Epyc Rome system, no memory errors reported. Asking $75 each plus shipping (conus), buy 7 get the 8th free.
  13. Jeff Robertson

EPYC 7742 in HP DL385 Gen10 (not plus)

I see, I didn't realize the TDP limit was only 200w so I definitely wouldn't attempt a 225w CPU. The only thing the older gen10 has going for it is the price, you can still find them for screaming deals if you look. Not sure about the 10+ pricing. Also, why do you think the Milan CPUs won't...
  14. Jeff Robertson

EPYC 7742 in HP DL385 Gen10 (not plus)

If you send me your 7742 I would be happy to install it in my gen10 and run it for a few years just to be sure... To be serious both of those CPUs have the same TDP rating so in theory both should work unless they specifically lock out the 7742.
  15. Jeff Robertson

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

Awesome, thank you! I think this might finally be my excuse to buy a printer...
  16. Jeff Robertson

Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

That is a great mod, I have quite a few noctua fans in my unifi equipment and those adapters would be perfect. Any chance I could get the file?
  17. Jeff Robertson

Delete me

Delete, created by accident
  18. Jeff Robertson

HP DL325, Epyc 24 core 7402p, 64GB, SAS $1611

One is a gen10+ and the cheap one is the original gen10. Not exactly sure what the differences are but the + probably has PCIE 4.0
  19. Jeff Robertson

HP DL325, Epyc 24 core 7402p, 64GB, SAS $1611

Are you sure? I still see $1800, though shipping is probably massively delayed at this point.