Search results

1. T

Issues with supermicro H12SSL-i & EPYC 7302P

I will recheck if the CPU is correctly installed, thx!
  2. T

Tried reinstalling the CPU, seems properly installed. I've already ordered a new one so I'll message once I test this second one. Quick question, is this server PSU cannot be used, right? Only regular ATX PSU is required, the one I showed in the last video?
  3. T

Nope, unfortunately it won't start: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GbT_UViieugYVfFz2c9XphhjtTdBCjGU Any other suggestions? I think CPU might be broken.
  4. T

Understood, will test tomorrow! Thx once again! Based on the MB manual, this is the correct header to short, am I correct? Not sure what you mean by "FrontPanel header is non standard pinout".
  5. T

Will do tomorrow and write back! Thank you so much! Apoligies for such basic questions, I really dont have much experience in this stuff.
  6. T

I think power supply may be an issue. I've got Dell DPS-2400BB as a PSU and this Breakout bouard. Whenever this PSU setup is connected to the motherboard it does not start with shorting the Power Button switch, the system only starts when I press power button on the Breakout bouard, as shown on...
  7. T

Conneted the second 8pin EPS +12V and the monitor via VGA. Checked the JPG1 - position VGA enable. Outcome is still the same as in the video and no output to the monitor. I think it might be CPU then...
  8. T

Supermicro H12SSL-i does not boot

I have exactly same issue with my MB H12SSL-i and CPU 7302P I've filmed the issue: document_5370761792244954825.mp4 I would like to enter BMC through IPMI interface but unfortunately I dont know how to do it (haven't got much experience with server stuff) Could someone please help with that...
  9. T

Hi! I wonder if someone could help me with this. So I've purchased supermicro H12SSL-i (revision 1.02) and EPYC 7302P CPU setup, however I was unable tomake it work. I think there might be issues with CPU being locked to the motherboard of a certain vendor or the BIOS needs to be updated. From...
  10. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Yes, correct. The base clock of my es is 2ghz and it boosts all cores to 2.3ghz.
  11. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks for the explanation!
  12. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Thx for the reply! Basically i shouldn't even bother trying to overclock it? Is it bad that this is an early ES?
  13. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Hello! So i finally completed this build :) Now i would like to overclock it just a bit (basically i would like to get a maximum frequency with stock voltages). I have already tried to increase a BLCK frequenct to 105 and 104, but it just does not start with these settings and i had to clear...
  14. T

ES Xeon Discussion

I finally managed to get this CPU going :-) Asrock x99 extreme4 with the latest BIOS made this happen! Looks like the Raider mobo was really broken or something. Kalistoval, I really appreciate your assistance! Thanks a lot!
  15. T

ES Xeon Discussion

I will return it on Monday, however, i wonder whether i should get another msi x99a raider or go for the ASRock X99 Extreme4?
  16. T

ES Xeon Discussion

I've asked a good friend of mine to assist me with this matter. He has some connections with service center team. Well, what i have got by now is that they spent the day trying to boot the system, detecting bugs, flashing BIOS, etc. As for now, nothing seems to work, but the guy from the service...
  17. T

ES Xeon Discussion

So i have managed to get the motherboard updated to p.4 bios and also test it on p.5. Did not manage to boot on either of them :-( The CPU is probably damaged? I will return it to the ebay seller i got it from and planning to buy another one. Could you please tell me what ebay lot will work on...
  18. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Ok, so i got myself a nice little x99a raider. As expected, the system did not boot out of the box. I will try to update the bios tomorrow to the P.4 version and hopefully this is going to work!
  19. T

ES Xeon Discussion

Just noticed that your CPU does have a B0 revision as stated in the CPU-Z, whereas mine just has an empty field. Also, in the "specification" field there is a small difference: yours have the "R" sign and mine is just "?". Do you think this might cause the incompatibility of this CPU even with...
  20. T

ES Xeon Discussion

I guess this is what those guys do, 'cause from what i saw, they did not solder anything in my Krait Edition.