Search results

1. M

Rebuild server room

Hi, I have a Minisforum UM773 lite with proxmox running. This is a test setup but I look for a replacement / ideas. The idea was to replace the UM773 lite with 3 Minisforum MS-01 what I told in the ECC non ECC memory thread. I like to build an energy efficient Proxmox cluster. I also looking...
  2. M

Proxmox Ceph and ECC vs non ECC

Has ECC memory any value on a Proxmox Ceph cluster or is non ECC good enough for an homelab?
  3. M

New build to host my Proxmox hypevisor

Hi, I'm consider the next build to host my Proxmox hypevisor. I now have an Xeon E5-2699v3. It's old and power hungry. AMD Ryzen 9 7900 Boxed ASRock Rack B650D4U Inter-Tech IPC 2U-2098-SL Kingston ValueRAM KVR48U40BD8-32 Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB Corsair MP600 PRO 2TB Maybe I build a...
  4. M

Mini pc's the route to go?

Hi, I'm thinking of moving from rack servers to mini pc's. I want to run Proxmox with a few vm's for nodes, and also some docker vm's. Also I want a separate mini pc for Plex service. I guess these mini pc's are way more power efficient as my rack servers. Electric became expensive here in...
  5. M

Planning on building a homelab

Hi, I'm starting a new project I want to build a home lab where I want to virtualize most stuff. Probably I'm going to buy new hardware and use the Xeon D platform. Also I want to upgrade my network. I'm considering Ubiquiti network gear. I already have UAP AC Pro and it does it's job okay...