Search results

1. M

[WTS-US-FL] Norco RPC-4224/4220 + Supermicro JBOD Stuff + FREE Items

Updated the original post to show that the Norco combo has been sold, along with one of the 9200-8e cards. I deleted several of the photos as well to remove some clutter. I'll continue to remove photos of the items that sell to focus attention on what's still available. The BR10i cards are...
  2. M

You're welcome to them Samir if you want them. I just did a little searching and reminded myself that the limitation is that they can't address drives larger than 2TB. So nowadays that's pretty useless, I don't suspect anyone will want them. Funny enough just last week as part of this...
  3. M

Yeah that's my exact concern. It'd likely be over $100 to ship, and the risk of damage isn't worth it. I'm sure I'll have a hard time finding a local buyer, but keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for the interest anyway! I am thinking about a road trip to Kentucky this fall to do the bourbon...
  4. M

Hey everyone. I rearranged my server gear and I'm downsizing a bit so I'm hoping someone will find these pieces useful. I'm open to some price negotiation, especially if you're buying multiples of the small piece parts. I searched eBay for US sellers to set a price baseline, so it's likely...
  5. M

[FS] [US-OH] Toshiba "MG06SCA800A" 8TB SAS 12 Gbps 3.5" HDDs

Thought I'd drop in to say I purchased 10 of these and they just arrived tonight, extremely well bubble wrapped. I have them in my server now running badblocks, so far so good. Most of them were ~6500 hours, the highest was 7500 and one was only 2000. Starts/Stops or Loads/Unloads were...
  6. M

[SOLD] Norco 4220/4224 Front Fan Bezel 3x120mm

Replied to PM. I'll consider the bezel spoken for unless we can't agree on a shipping method and cost. I'll post an update if it comes available again.
  7. M

There's nothing wrong with the stock fans, this is just something extra if you need or want more cooling. My servers are in a "Harry Potter closet" under the stairs, no cool air vent, and with them all running it can get really hot in there. Pushing extra air over my supermicro chassis with a...
  8. M

I was wondering if anyone is interested in a 3D printed fan bezel for their Norco Chassis? It holds 3x 120mm fans and I believe is intended to zip tie to the chassis' front handles. I have similar bezels on my sc846 and sc847 chassis and they really help keeping drives cool, especially during...
  9. M

[Update: Seller Complaints Accumulating] HGST Ultrastar He10 - 10TB @ $129.95

I added a little more information on your TrueNAS post to clarify what the other poster was trying to tell you. Long story short there's no such thing as "SMART" or "vendor specific attributes" defined in the SCSI (SAS) standards. It won't help you to try other tools to get more data than...
  10. M

FS/FT - SFBayZFS's 2020-2021 home storage lab liquidation

Just received my SC847 JBOD chassis and a variety of accessories, HBAs, cables, etc. from sfbayzfs. It was all packaged extremely well inside the chassis, the handles were disassembled from the chassis and bubble wrapped to prevent damage, etc. I got everything reassembled this evening and...
  11. M

SATA HDD Deals on ebay, do you still consider whether HDD made for NAS, desktop, Archive?

For the last few years I've only bought used enterprise SAS drives. The sweet spot on pricing has been $20/ea for 3TB Hitachis, which you can get on any given day. 4TB generally doubles the price ($40-50/ea), but someday I'll step up to something larger when they flood the market. I install...
  12. M

FS:Supermicro 846 4u chassis

Sounds like a great deal, especially with rails included. I bought one of these from a member here a few years back for $415 + shipping, and shipping came out to $82. I don't remember if mine came with rails or not (I don't use them) but either way great chassis and good price IMHO.
  13. M

[WTS-FREE][Central FL] Local Pickup - Old Server and HTPC Chassis

Thanks @Samir , and yeah I'm hoping someone can get some use of this stuff. It was all working a few months ago when I created the post, hasn't been powered on since then. Its served me well, I'm not looking to get any more value out of it, but would be happy knowing someone else in the...
  14. M

US - Wanted: Norco 4224 or 24bay chassis

Not exactly what you asked for, but I know this RPC-4220 is still available at a GREAT price ;): https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/wts-free-central-fl-local-pickup-old-server-and-htpc-chassis.30060/
  15. M

Anytime asmith, and for what it's worth you make a great freeloader too! :p
  16. M

Looks like a no according to their website, sorry. Support EEB (12″x13″), CEB(12″x10.5″), ATX (12″x9.6″), Micro ATX (9.6″ x 9.6″), Mini ITX (6.7″ x 6.7″) motherboard
  17. M

Just a quick update to say that the Rosewill is spoken for by asmith and we've worked out delivery details. Still hoping for a taker on the Norco!
  18. M

I used to live and work in San Diego actually, and I took a nice road trip through Arizona. If you feel like taking a Disney vacation I'll be here with the chassis :p
  19. M

Just sent you a PM. Cocoa is definitely close enough to arrange a pickup so I'll consider the Rosewill yours while we work out the details.
  20. M

I have three old chassis I'd like to get rid of, and I thought I'd see if anyone on here could make use of them. They have some old parts in them too that you could keep, but my suspicion is that you'd trow them away. I'm not interested in shipping the chassis, I don't have good boxes and it's...