Search results

1. L

ES Xeon Discussion

But getting back to my question, does anyone know what type of cooler the E5-2689 v4 needs? It shows on cpuworld that it has a 55C working temp and that is very low when you compare to e5-2687W. Also, does anyone have a good explanation of the CPU features for the ASUS Z10PE-W16 motherboard...
  2. L

ES Xeon Discussion

I've not seen that but wasn't looking for that chip. They have a review/feedback rating just like Ebay. You can also look at history of seller and when they started selling. You can also look and see how many transactions they did in the last 12 months and what the feedback was. I didn't end up...
  3. L

ES Xeon Discussion

@krista QS stands for quality sample. All specs match the retail chip. ES is engineering. Turbo will be disabled in most cases. Best to avoid early ES samples and stick with QS or retail or OEM unless you want to take a gamble. Probably easier just to pay seller directly versus auction. Most...
  4. L

ES Xeon Discussion

@krista could check Ebay or Taobao. The e5-2666/2667 look interesting. It is difficult to order from Taobao though you would have to wire money or get an agent. A lot of inventory does not exist-- so you might see a chip listed by multiple vendors when in actuality none will carry. Google works...
  5. L

ES Xeon Discussion

It is not for rendering. But, I have other benchmarks too where it shows my CPU averaging 3.5ghz but the others averaging 3.7ghz or the turbo turned offed. My overall speeds are good but not sure why seeing this behavior. I don't really hear the fans kick into any sort of higher gear either. I...
  6. L

ES Xeon Discussion

I picked up 2 E5-2689 QS. I could have got the retail for about 26% more but most dealers told me they were identical. It has same stepping and everything. Now, my understanding was this mode would do 3.7 all core and Turbo to 3.8. And that is what I am seeing and I am seeing overall nominal...