Search results

1. B

Has anyone got NVMe to work with SuperMicro X9 boards?

I have a AOC-SLG3-2E4 running in a X9-SCM-F. This is the one with the PCIe switch The motherboard bios (2.0b) recognizes the connected NVMe devices, 1x Intel SSD900p and 1x HGST SN-200
  2. B

Anyone tried STEC Drives?

I have a couple of the 100G MACH16 IOPS SATA2/3Mbps and not all that fast (Sequential read is 124MBps, write is 166 MBps), reliability and power protection is what I got them for, use them as ZILs and cache drives on Solaris 11. Is there a way to upload jpgs to add to the post? I have...
  3. B

New pfsense issue

You would be right. Try removing all the packages do the upgrade and then reinstall, if that fails restore 2.0.1, uninstall then packages and try again. You will have to boot from the alternate slice and then use the GUI in the old version to copy over the working pfSense install I use...
  4. B

napp-it afp on omnios

I believe gea's script downloads netatalk and builds it locally. Netatalk needs libgcrypt present before it will build uams_dhx2.so. On my box it is libgcrypt.so.11.7.0 Check that the libgcrypt package is present in your installation.
  5. B

Ultrastar 5k3000

Has anyone used these disks ? It has the CoolSpin feature but also the dual stage actuator. I have this feature on my WD Blacks and I like it. It does not seem to be widely available though. http://www.hgst.com/internal-drives/enterprise/ultrastar/ultrastar-5k3000
  6. B

Intel Xeon E3-1200 V2 Series Launch Coverage

Thanks for the responses
  7. B

Intel Xeon E3-1200 V2 Series Launch Coverage

Hello, First time poster here. I would like to thank the forum for the useful information in setting up my server. I am quite interested in the Ivy Bridge E3 Xeons. Ran into the article below and I am not quite sure what to make of it. The older Sandy Bridge Xeons have the heat spreader...