Search results

1. G

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

I think the backplane is 6G max, so any raid card beyond that value will be useless. Maybe some other member will say the opposite. However a 4 note VSAN would consume too much power as those machine are power hungry.
  2. G

NVM RAID Card on HP 380 DL G7

Could you point to one of those ex oracle units ? I really don't know what to seach.
  3. G

Actually I am using an LSI 9261-8i controller attached to the backplane and a consumer SSD: Corsair MX500 1TB. My wish was to experiment with an NVM solution to uderstand if this old server could run faster. Regards, Giuseppe Chillemi
  4. G

I can understand why: NVM cards are PCIe direct and no controller is in the middle. However, is there a PCIe 2.x compatible card for the G7 which is proved to be fast and compatible ? Regards, Giuseppe Chillemi
  5. G

I wish to add an NVM HD RAID card on my HP DL 380 G7. Which card (and drive) do you suggest to use ? Are there any know problem using it ?
  6. G

LS 9261-8i+Crucial SSD on HD DL G7, Lost everything

My hyphotesis are: The Backpanel The cabling The Controller Itself The drive The riser Some incompatibility with the controller so an high error read count could kick the drive off the array (but I do know know where to search for those errors) But that's not easy do discover in a short time...
  7. G

LS 9261-8i+Crucial SSD on HD DL G7, Lost everything

I have an HP DL G7 with LSI 9261-8i andone MX500 1TB SSD Hard drives connected to the standard HP Backplane. There were a virtual drive configured and only 1 hard drive in RAID0. I have started installing ESXi 6.5 and configuring many virtual machines. After 4 hours and with moderate drive...
  8. G

Replacement for HP P410 Controller on HP G6/G7

Hi, which cables do I need to connect to the backplane ?
  9. G

Replacement for HP P410 Controller on HP G6/G7

I need a replacement controller to use with my HP DL 380 G7. Actually I have a P410 which creates many bottlenecks/problems with SSD. Which replacement controller do you suggest ?
  10. G

Supported 3,5 HD on HP DL 160/180, DELL C6xxx etc.

Hi, I wish to know which 3.5 SATA HD is compatible on HP DL 180/160 GS, DELL C6100 or DELL C6220. Has anyone experience about this topic ? Also, which of this kind of systems do you suggest for 3.5 SATA HardDrives ?
  11. G

I wish to know 1) There are any incompatibilities/problems using SSD with this board ? 2) You stated that there are 4+2 sata ports but I have only four 3,5" bays for each node. I suppose they are all not connected to the backpanel. I do I connect 2 (3Gbps) +2 (6Gbps) or 2+2 (3Gbps) 3) Is there...
  12. G

Has someone tried using SSDs with the standard motherboard chipset ? Which are the results ?
  13. G

I have the 3,5 version, so I will have access only to 4 drives per controller. Also the chipset does not drive SAS drives but only SATA one, do you confirm ?
  14. G

Is Connect-X 2 MHRH2A-XSR 40Gb ?

The lasy remaining question is just it: could I team up infiniband 10Gbe ? Regards, Giuseppe Chillemi
  15. G

XTR = Tall bracket XSR = Small Bracket So the ebay seller made a mistake. This board supports 2 x10Gb2 or 1x20GbIB + 1x10Gbe (Or 2x20GbIB teamed ?)
  16. G

Hi, I have purchased some Connect-X 2 MHRH2A-XSR forum an ebay seller which listed it as 40GB/10gbe Some other seller report me these boards are only 10gb/10gb, someother 20gb/10gb Which is the true version ? Regards, Giuseppe Chillemi
  17. G

So, how many drives will I have access pluggin one SAS 2008 controller ?
  18. G

If I purchase one SAS 2008 controller, will it be able to drive all 12 hard drive bays ?
  19. G

Consumer SDD in a DL380 Gen8 w/ P420i Controller?

What you mean for Signal Integrity Issues ?
  20. G

HP P822 vs P420

Is there a list of tested SSD with P822 ? Also, I don't know if other controllers could be used with HP DL 380 G7 backplanes.