Search results

1. Cybertron

Beelink GTR5 AMD 5900HX 32GB 500GB $765

Does anyone have experience with Plex transcoding and Ryzen? Is there any chance this would be a good machine for that? I see it has a ton of power and GPU on the cpu. I am tempted to buy two and use them for a vmware cluster even. Though i might have to use something else like proxmox if vmware...
  2. Cybertron

[SoCal] APC AR4024A NetShelter CX 24U - $1000

Damn, wish i was in SoCal.... I really really want one of these for my living room rack. lol.
  3. Cybertron

860 Pro 1TB for $115

$105 for 50 drives or more if anyone wants to go in with me lol. I only want like 4-6 maybe.
  4. Cybertron

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

Yeah, that is my experience with the SM rails. They seem super basic compared to the super beefy Dell rails I'm used to.
  5. Cybertron

Supermicro 6028U-TRTP X10DRU-i Barebone $349

Can anyone comment on the generic rails that seem to come with these? The site has two options but the auction comes with the generic opposed to the SM ones. Personally, i installed my first SM rail 2U server like this not long and am not a huge fan of them. The chassis keeps popping out of the...
  6. Cybertron

AsRock Rack X470D4U $199 @ Newegg

Thanks for that info! And hmm maybe i will start with a cheaper CPU then. I was going to hit the 3900X straight away. The 3950X just seems like a cost prohibitive jump.
  7. Cybertron

Sorry, i should have explained better. I would like to build a white box ESXi server because i keep running into heat/noise issues with my traditional hotswap chassis from Dell, Chenbro, Supermicro. So i saw the (yes, Silverstone) server someone built on /homelab and decided a Ryzen ESXi lab...
  8. Cybertron

I recently found this(attached picture) on the homelab and have been toying around with the idea of a new build. This board might be exactly what I need... IPMI, on board M.2, Ryzen, and plenty of space for more M.2 risers + a 10Gbe card. Just need to see if Vmware will run on it. I'm just tired...
  9. Cybertron

Upgrade Advice - X10SL7-F

Hello Folks, I'm trying to find another Supermicro board to replace this one, X10SL7-F , as I purchased it on the deals forums before really scoping out my project. I'm not realizing I should have purchased a board with more PCIe slots for ZSF cache drives, 10Gbe adapters, HBA/Raid cards...
  10. Cybertron

Nytro 5000 1.92Tb XP1920LE30002 $199.99

Are some disks writable and have you swapped out the other disks on that PCIe card to see if its the card itself? I'd be curious if connected directly to the mobo if they all work or if some are actually dead, dead.
  11. Cybertron

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

I think i'm losing my mind. So I have a Mikrotik router which has a WAN of my Arris cable modem. I have no freaking clue how this is working, but it seems the Arris has an IP of 192.168.0.1 and it's accessible on my WiFi network!?! So freaking confused. Anyway, I ended up pulling an old 8port...
  12. Cybertron

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Hey guys, I just bought 4 of the R600's recently posted in the deals section, but I'm having a horrible time getting access to them. I've used both POE and adapter, but ping only responds for 2 packets between boot up and final solid green. Wifi "configure.me-xxxxxx" is available and I can...
  13. Cybertron

5x HP EliteDesk 705 G3 8GB 256GB SSD Win10 Pro $726

Not to hate on AMD, but I'm just not a fan of their CPUs. I hear the 6500T cpu is desirable, but curious how this would compare? Ever since seeing these mini PCs, i realize it would be a great way to upgrade my parents machines as well as build a small cluster.
  14. Cybertron

Quanta 2U D51B: LGA2011-3, 24 x 2.5" Trays, 10 GbE, Rails $250 OBO

@semidetached, can you let us know about how loud the server is when you get a chance? Also power consumption if possible, but thats probably something I can lookup.
  15. Cybertron

FS: SuperMicro A1SRI-2558F Mini-ITX w/ Case

I am... the worlds laziest human i think. lol. I'll post it on ebay this weekend maybe. :-)
  16. Cybertron

Dell satadom 64gb

I also communicated with the seller and they said they will try to get orders of 4 or more for around $15
  17. Cybertron

FS: SuperMicro A1SRI-2558F Mini-ITX w/ Case

bump... sending this to ebay in a week i think. I'm open to offers and some trades. Mostly interested in systems or ram or SSDs.
  18. Cybertron

WTB: 32GB DDR3 1600 ECC UDIMM (4x 8GB)

Title says it all I think. I'd love to get around $15 a stick, but I'm not following current prices, so let me know what you got. Thank you!
  19. Cybertron

Supermicro X10SL7-F $63

And that would make more sense, lol. I'm considering using this as a FreeNAS server to replace my X9 setup with dual CPU. I just dont need the power and would like to reduce my electrical spend. My only concern is that i have 64gb now, and i run 8x8TB... Can anyone comment if i'm making a bad...