Search results

1. realtomatoes

TrueNAS iSCSI sharing of NVME storage to ESXi hosts

i use veeam for VM backup and file-based backup. https://go.veeam.com/free-nfr-veeam-data-platform i got an external storage where those backups are dumped and another job that uploads files older than7 days to an offsite storage. ---------- i just realized you were looking for towards a...
  2. realtomatoes

Micron 5200 ECO 3.84TB SATA SSD $99.50

that is right, on the PS4 there isn't much of an upgrade. here's digital foundry testing it. the ps4 pro does improve slightly but just slightly. digital foundry testing again. that said, i do run my ps4pro with a 2tb sata ssd i got when the price dropped.
  3. realtomatoes

Ruckus One - SMH.

some where in the world something broke. i got this and something from nutanix spamming me too.
  4. realtomatoes

HP EliteDesk 800 G3 Mini - Anyone Try 64GB RAM? (2x32GB)

thanks for the post. was thinking of downsizing my lab too and this with 64GB was on my option list. too bad that 2nd nic is a PITA to add on these things.
  5. realtomatoes

4.8TB Flashmax ii SSD 199 USD

i rarely hang around this section coz i end up spending.... ARGH!
  6. realtomatoes

Supermicro PSUs in an ATX Workstation

nice. i recall seeing something similar with a ATX psu form-factor from FSP. Pricey. https://www.fspgroupusa.com/ecommerce/twins-700w.html
  7. realtomatoes

help sort out rhev/ovirt networking for a vmware guy

am working on a POC and a little stumped with the networking side. coming from vSphere, i was hoping some RHEV/ovirt veterans can help clear up my confusion. current esxi nodes run with 3 nics spread across 3 vswitches (yes, not vDS). one for management, vmotion and last for VMs. from what i...
  8. realtomatoes

High Endurance M.2 (NVMe not sata) SSD?

Look up BPX Pro. Their 960GB has a TBW of 1665. Not as fast as Samsung though. I got several of these btw and they are solid since i got them.
  9. realtomatoes

Payback is a B**** for Intel - 7nm process is so broken its not even funny...

it would be interesting if the rumored nVidia buying ARM is real.
  10. realtomatoes

Does IPMI require a Supermicro PSU to power on the server?

X9sri-f powered by seasonic in an evolv here, ipmi works fine.
  11. realtomatoes

Any experiences with RMA'ing C2000 mobos to SuperMicro?

i wonder how much it would cost to repair these after the mobo is out of warranty
  12. realtomatoes

ESXi: Is it possible to boot guest VM from the HBA in DirectPath mode

this what you meant? How to configure VMware ESXi 6.5.x for VMDirectPath I/O pass-through of any NVMe SSD, such as Windows Server 2016 installed directly on an Intel Optane P4800X booted in an EFI VM | TinkerTry IT @ Home
  13. realtomatoes

400GB HGST SSD 58 USD EA LOT

did you manage to get a refund for that?
  14. realtomatoes

Live migration working between AMD and Intel CPUs on Proxmox

And here i thought i read the title wrong...
  15. realtomatoes

Switch that allows custom firmware

saw some northbound network 5x 1Gb switches but those are generally for development use.
  16. realtomatoes

Flashing stock Mellanox firmware to OEM (EMC) ConnectX-3 IB/Ethernet dual-port QSFP adapter

let me add my thanks to this great post. flash worked without a hitch.
  17. realtomatoes

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

Unfortunately, at my side of the world you hardly see anyone using or buying these beauties. I can still recall my peers’ jaws drop when they learned i got xeons in my home network. Lol
  18. realtomatoes

e5-2695 v2 for $120-150 or less

nice finds. too bad, i just got the 2670v2 for $120 a couple of weeks back.
  19. realtomatoes

ESXi server- 4 Port Card NIC recommendation?

Checked from intel’s site, looks like the I350s are it for gigabit.
  20. realtomatoes

AMD EPYC 2 Rome What We Know Will Change the Game

yep, i needed to come here to *drool*