Search results

1. S

Suggestions on next TrueNAS build

I need your help to take final decision about my next TrueNAS build. Right now I use SuperMicro X10SDV-2C-7TP4F with onboard storage SOC, SFP+ and 2x SATA DOM. From functionality perspective it's great. I use it just as a storage host for network storage. No VMs, now jails and no other stuff...
  2. S

EU WTB: Full Height ConnectX-2 single SFP+ bracket

Looking for Full Height Mellanox ConnectX-2 bracket for single SFP+ NIC. Best would be to get it from Europe to avoid expensive shipping, but any option is open.
  3. S

Goodram IRDM PRO - new MLC based SSD

I found interesting SSD drive. Parameters are very nice but nothing crazy as SATA drives reached the limits. The most interesting part is that they used MLC chips and Phison S10 controller. It's not the cheapest one (120$ for 480GB). How do you thing. Is it worth to buy it for small ZFS pool for...
  4. S

What to do with single NVMe drive?

I have one WD NVMe (WDS250G2X0C) 250GB m.2 drive I wanted to use as a local storage in my XenServer node. Supermicro X10SDV has unfortunetly some major problems in handling NVMe as a boot device. I moved to m.2 drive, but with SATA interface without problems. In longer term I want to add one...
  5. S

FS.com will be opened in Europe

I recently placed an order in FS.com and I was informed that FS.com is going to start their business also in Europe. In first stage it will be opened in Germany and later in UK and Russia. I hope shipping prices will be very attractive!
  6. S

XenServer Home Lab

Before we will go into main topic I need to say a few words about my previous projects. Till October, I was not aware of STH… big shame, but I think I saved a lot of money due to this lack of knowledge :) So, my first server builds remember AMD K6-400 with the most popular, in that time, Linux...