Search results

1. T

Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

Hi there! C6100 is significantly shorter than C6220, while the widths are the same. I own both models.
  2. T

Does C6100 support Xeon X5680/X5690?

All right guys I got an answer myself, which is NO. I tested X5690 on my board and there was nothing popping up on the screen. Chips are good. I then attempted to add the microcode into BIOS. The latest official C6100 BIOS already has X5600 microcodes (06C2) up to revision 15. I cleared them out...
  3. T

Hello @drabadue , it is very kind of you for posting this detailed instruction with pictures. It is very informative and helpful. Thank you! I am going to give it a try. It sounds to be that the C8220X board has a total of *four* PCIe 16x slots (two of which are in Mezzanine format). This...
  4. T

@drabadue Glad to see your progress! I have a question for you regarding connect graphics card to the board via the Mezzanine port. There are Mezzanine to PCIe cables like DJC89 or XPW47. In addition to the PCIe sockets, they appear to be equipped with 2-pin (?) power sockets and some other...
  5. T

Okay I took the risk and placed order for two X5690's. Even if C6100 don't fire with them, there is still chance of injecting microcode into the BIOS to unlock the support. The reason I am exploring is because I found out how to overclock dual Xeons on C6100 (not on EVGA SR-2). See here for my...
  6. T

Does anyone know the answer? Thank you!
  7. T

Hi @drabadue , I ended up leaving the 4-pin power connector 2 empty. Although I think I know the color codes of the cables, I decided not to take the risk of burning the board. The system works so far so good.
  8. T

@drabadue Awesome work!
  9. T

Hi all, I wonder if those 130 Watts chips like Xeon X5680 and X5690 can work with the Dell PowerEdge C6100 server board XS23-TY3. I knew that C6100 does not *OFFICIALLY* support those CPUs. But please let me know if you *ACTUALLY* tested those combinations, and what did you see? Thanks!
  10. T

Dell PowerEdge c6145 Home Server! Am i missing any pieces?

Great idea! It is very challenging to DIY server boards with non-conventional power supply interface. I can't wait to see your progress.
  11. T

I typically plug the graphics card, with VGA cable connected to the motherboard, then enter BIOS, then disable on-board graphics, then save, then power off, then unplug the VGA cable from the motherboard, then connect the HDMI/DVI cable to the graphics card, then power on. I didn't expect that...
  12. T

@Limoneverde and @MumbleFysh , great to know your progress! I have been using my WarpDrv for almost two months. No problem so far. Temperature range from 30C to 65C. Noise is minimal. I like it!
  13. T

@Limoneverde You are welcome! All I can remember is that: You need to plug in your GTX980Ti without changing the BIOS setting (leaving the "use add-on video card" off, then reboot. You will still see images coming from your VGA cable. Go into BIOS, go to the same PCI setting page, you will see...
  14. T

Hi @Limoneverde, I recall that @drabadue said you can turn off "using PCI BIOS" in BIOS setting if your GTX980Ti doesn't
  15. T

Thank you! I also posted the whole build log at bit-tech forum. See here: Scratch Build Codename WarpDrv ▒▒❚❚❚❚╫ - bit-tech.net Forums
  16. T

It is surprising that without +12VSB the board still boots. Seems that people sharing experience in this thread all have very different experience. Is this board so variable.
  17. T

@Limoneverde Thanks! You are right that the main power connector pinout is one row +12V and one row ground, except for that 12Vsb thing. I made my own and it worked.
  18. T

Hello all, wondering if anyone is still following this thread? There has been some more progress on my "WarpDrv". I hand-made a curved acrylic fairing! Look! This wasn't easy for me. I have tested on multiple pieces of acrylic sheet with different thickness, using multiple tools (heat...
  19. T

Let me update a few pictures of my WarpDrv, with focus on cable management. DIY is a lot of fun! Hope you all enjoying building your super computer!
  20. T

Beautiful start! Good luck!