Search results

1. H

Suggestion for a low power 1U micro-itx board like the A2SDi-H-TP4F board

Ok no traffic yet on this. Starting to look at using an MS-01 instead, maybe i can come up with a way to rack mount it or two into 2U slot. Bit bigger then 1U but 1U sizes does require a ton of compromises. The MS-01 would also be a bit more power hungry.
  2. H

Suggestion for a low power 1U micro-itx board like the A2SDi-H-TP4F board

So I am looking to upgrade my system in an old SUPERMICRO SuperChassis CSE-510-200B Black 1U Rackmount Server Case I have so would like to get a motherboard/cpu combo to fit in this chassis if possible. Currently this chassis has a SUPERMICRO MBD-X9SCM-F-O LGA 1155 Intel C204 Micro ATX Intel...
  3. H

Running Fiber in my house.

I went with the OM4 Lanshack pre-terminated LC sets. Very well done cables, the pull baskets do a great job protecting the cables/connectors while still being very slim. The chase I used required I cut a hole at each floor to drill a hole through the fire block (filled said hole after pulling...
  4. H

Just to follow up I finished the pull of fiber from my basement to the attic. This was basically 3 stories of pull which required that I cut a small hole on the first and second floor walls in order to drill the hole between floors. I was able to use the boiler flue chase for this, since for...
  5. H

Did you do all 4-pair in a single pull? If so how big a hole did you need through top plates?
  6. H

Honestly I do not see a need for anything more than 10Ggbe. That should be more than enough to support a couple of APs and cameras, multimedia devices, with a possible desktop in the mix. Note a good bit of my network is self supported so while my external connection is only 1gbe internal...
  7. H

So I am planning to running some fiber in my house to connect a switch in the basement to a switch on the 2nd floor. I have found a suitable path through the house and plan to use pre-terminated multimode fiber. This is the cable i am considering. Fiber Optic Assembly | Pre-terminated Fiber...
  8. H

Best way to connect my switches (should i bridge or not)

Update: Implemented Mithril's suggestions and it is working great. Thanks. Looking into having a failover NIC for the FreeNAS device. I currently have the interface LAGG across 2 DAC connections to the 10G switch. However that only protects against a port or cable failure not a switch...
  9. H

Will do, need to schedule some time to get it redone but i think your plan should work well.
  10. H

of course. my NAS is a FreeNAS server.
  11. H

Thanks for the 3rd option and that is one i was thinking oh but was unsure if I could do this without multi-chassis LACP? I guess using failover or roundrobin would resolve that issue.
  12. H

So the main wisdom is not to bridge unless you have not other option. However the other thought is not to cascade switches unless you need to since if the first switch fails you lose both switches. My hardware: XG-7100 Netgate firewall Unifi US-16-XG Switch (16 port 10G switch) Unifi Switch...
  13. H

Headless Crashplan no longer works with Crashplan upgrade to 4.3

Hmm, maybe not a bad option. I could just spin up a small linux vm for it.
  14. H

Headless Crashplan no longer works with Crashplan upgrade to 4.3

So I have been running crashplan headless on my OmniOS file server and use the client on my Windows box to communicate to it. Well today I rebooted my windows box and apparently the windows client upgraded to 4.3. It appears that 4.3 client can not talk to the 4.2 server on the OmnisOS. Okay...
  15. H

Expand rpool in OmniOS on vmware guest

Did the job this morning and it went smoothly. Thanks gea.
  16. H

Expand rpool in OmniOS on vmware guest

So I have omnios installed on a VMWare guest. rpool is a mirrored pool. I need to expand it, in searching for the best way to do this I came across this. How to Increase rpool in OmiOS VMware Guest Without a Mirror » Nemtallah Daher's Notes | Nemtallah Daher's Notes My concern is two items...
  17. H

Server error

Still can not post to the Solaris forum. Any ideas that I can try? Very odd I can post to some but not it.
  18. H

Server error testing if I can post new thread here.

Okay so i can create a new one here but not in the Solaris or FreeNAS forums :(.
  19. H

Server error testing if I can post new thread here.

I can create new threads, was able to respond to a thread. This is to see if I can create a new one in a different forum.
  20. H

Server error

So that worked, but I still can not create a new thread with either Chrome or IE.