Search results

1. J

CPU doesn't match actual

I am familiar with the concept that the CPU utilization on the Hyper-V host is the host and not the whole server. That said, ran a stress test on one of my WIndows virtuals and came up with the following with 4 cores allocated: 1. Max any core came up to was 65% 2. When it was showing 65% CPU...
  2. J

Backplane with 4x SFF-8643 how to connect?

Considering a 3U case that has a backplane for SAS/SATA that comes with 4x SFF-8643 connectors on it. 16 ports total. Going to use SAS drives that are 12gbps. Planning on connecting it to a raid card but for the life of me can't tell what kind of cables I need. Haven't figured out the raid...
  3. J

Mellanox ConnectX-3 Showing wrong bus type

I just installed a Mellanox ConnectX-3 two port in my Windows 2016 server. Haven't installed the fiber cable or SFP+ transceivers yet, however the Bus Type is showing as x8 when I know it's x16 slot any idea what's up or is that just because it's the max the card supports so the "card" is x8...
  4. J

Supermicro 2U PSU for ATX MB?

I am conceptualizing right now a new 2U for my rack rendering workstation. Doing this is part for fun and part for it's intended use and part to keep noise down. I want to buy my own chassis and E-ATX motherboard, RTX GPU but the problem is the power supply. I'm thinking my power needs are...