Search results

1. T

Firefox is chewing through your NAND

@Mydst Holy cow! what sort of caching is Spotify doing? As Patrick I'd like to see its network activity... Even Bird is not a contender: From Heavy SSD Writes from Firefox | Hacker News:
  2. T

@keybored Test done. Will post the results tomorrow as I have some urgent stuff to do before sleepin. Thanks for proposing :) @MiniKnight Maybe to relieve our drives of GBs writes a day? No one is contesting the fact than Firefox and other main stream browsers/applications have flaws in their...
  3. T

Good news below but first, honour to these taking part in the discussion. @Patrick Thanks for clarifying this. I was referring to this declaration in #53: Obviously the more data present, the more blocks Garbage Collection has to move. Note that I use Linux and my system + applications and...
  4. T

So I used a tiny tool that preloads most <application>'s files into memory and mounted its cache in RAM. With these, IO activity has been diminished to a fraction of what some of the colleagues reported in this thread. Launching[1] Firefox-Aurora with my 190 tabs session then going for dinner...
  5. T

@Mike-EEE I think you can check it here [2] Waaah I wrote under Sergei's paper before I received the forum email confirmation. Should have waited. So I launched disk IO monitoring tool `iotop` in cumulative mode on my desktop right after reading this article today morning. Below are the...