Search results

1. S

Moving Sale | Random Stuff + Phones, VR, MacBook

Three things getting packed in one box as we speak!
  2. S

Sorry bud it's pending. Funny story though. I was curious, my earliest paypal email with your name is from 2007. Funnier story. I think I changed email and it was probably 2005, 99% sure you're the first person I bought something from in a forum.
  3. S

Moving in a couple of weeks, the less to pack the better. RAM 8 GB stick PC4-3200AA-RD1-12 - $25 shipped You'll get two sticks. One's dead, the other is the replacement I bought while I was waiting for ebay seller to send another one. MISC Oculus Go - $90 shipped Like-new condition, used...
  4. S

EPYC Rome Combos - SOLD

Built both of these January 2019. They're massively underused so I'm downsizing. Single Socket Combo - $1800 shipped SOLD EPYC 7452 Supermicro SNK-P0064AP4 Supermicro H11SSL-I Rev.2 64 GB (8 x 8 GB) Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ-3G2 3200 MHz Corsair RM850x PSU Dual Socket Combo - $2800 shipped SOLD...
  5. S

best heatsink (4U) for 2xEpyc 280W

SNK-P0064AP4 IMO is the only option for EPYC.
  6. S

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

I was looking at X10QBI I guess whenever this thread was started, but I went EPYC instead. How cheap can you do a 4P E7 build nowadays? I had a quad E5-4650 V2 build I sold a couple months ago, and in some benchmarks it was reasonably close to single EPYC 7452. But with 64 EPYC cores, it's...
  7. S

Run Supermicro H11DSi with normal power supply?

I'm running mine on Corsair RM850x, which comes with two 8 pin EPS cables. If your PSU is modular, you can possibly get another 8 pin EPS cable. For my X9QRi-F+ I'm using four of them connected to an RM850x, but that PSU has a lot of non-specific 8 pin plugs so it works. Definitely don't...
  8. S

2U narrow ilm active cooler

Yep yep. I do this to keep some 2U dynatrons a little quieter. And on my 4U Z9PA-D8 with 4U SM heatsinks where the CPUs are super close together. With Dynatron R14 I couldn't find any fans that were quiet and provided enough airflow. But running the stock Dynatron fans at 100% speed on 7v...
  9. S

New Bios Update (Rev. 2.1) for Supermicro H11SSL Rev. 2 Series Boards

H11DSi 2.1 release also https://www.supermicro.com/Bios/softfiles/10855/H11DSi(-NT)_BIOS_2_1_release_notes.pdf
  10. S

what is the current best value E5-4600v2 CPU?

$420 isn't bad at all. I didn't want to listen to a 2U 4P server, otherwise I would have gone that route too . I spent $280 on motherboard, $240 on CPUs, $120 on an ATX PSU + $20 for extra EPS cables, and it's still not even in a case because I could never find an affordable one. And even...
  11. S

I was planning to build a few more quad V2 systems, then I saw how cheap V3 stuff has gotten. Those cheap quad V3 boards are interesting. But power draw and rack space got me downsizing to EPYC. @T_Minus I still have a pair of ES E5-2670 V2 I bought from you years ago. They've depreciated by...
  12. S

Haha yeah I should have bought more at the time I guess. I already promised this build to a friend at way less than I paid for it because I didn't check current prices. Yeah clock speed is great on those E5-4627 v2. If you already have the server, it depends on what you want it to do I...
  13. S

July 2019. But they stayed cheap until a few months ago.
  14. S

Last July I got four E5-4650 V2 for $60 each. I think E5-4657L V2 was around $95-105 at the time. Now prices are way up on 4600 V2 CPUs. I think 4610 V2 is the only one that's reasonable, and even that's overpriced in my opinion. V1 might be a much better value right now. Maybe it's a good...
  15. S

Custom mylar air shroud?

What material did you go with? If you got some thin kydex, you can get some pretty good corners with a heat gun and some patience. You can also make a wood form, clamp it, and toss it in the oven.
  16. S

Custom mylar air shroud?

How about some 1/16" kydex? It's easy to work with and you can mold it to whatever shape you want.
  17. S

X10QBI and v3/v4 cpus (e.g. supermicro sys-4048b-trft)

I was looking at those 15 core ivy bridge E7-4879 V2 CPUs on eBay for a while but couldn't find anything to run them in that matched the $30-40 per CPU price tag. It was only the X10QBI (with a bunch of add-on parts like memory risers) or from memory, Dell R920, HP DL580 G8, and some cisco...
  18. S

EPYC Rome 7452 on eBay $1120

Yeah, I completely forgot to follow up with the obvious explanation: it depends what you're running. 3240+ MHz all day long on 100% CPU usage with plenty of benchmarks. Like geekbench gets plenty close to max frequency on all cores. But start really putting that huge cache to use and I...
  19. S

EPYC Rome 7452 on eBay $1120

Maybe because it's the crappiest low-end 32 core Rome part available and no one wants them. But seriously, this is a massive bargain. These are underrated budget monsters and I'm completely thrilled with both of my builds with these. Today I noticed a newish listing for even cheaper too...