Search results

1. T

ESXi 6.7 free license

I had a working ESXi 6.7 set up. The flash drive used to run the ESXi died on me. So I had to reinstall ESXi on a new flash drive. All of that is working well. The ESXi install tells me that I have 40 odd days left before the license expires. From what I have read, after the expiry, I will not...
  2. T

Updating Napp-It after a loong time

My current install of napp-it is running version : 17.06free Aug.14.2017 I was looking at updating napp it and about > update provided this option wget updates : 18.01free I would like to update to the latest version. Based on what I see on napp-it.org, the latest free for home use version is...
  3. T

Updating ESXi, napp-in-one and omnios

I have not touched my set up in a long time (Almost 5 years) Thanks Gea! I want to upgrade because I am not able to start the VMs automatically after server restart and hoping that new version of ESXi will have the capability. Also its a good practice to update to latest stable versions once in...
  4. T

Need Advice for local and cloud backup

I have a napp-in-one system ( napp-in-one on dell T20 - my planned setup ) running nicely for almost a year. I set out with the idea that I will add backup after I get the server setup. It's been a year and I need to set up my backup. I read through threads and documents, but I cannot visualize...
  5. T

napp it (or zfs) share permissions how to and open questions

I am setting up my shares with my specific requirements (which are not special, quite similar to what others will have). I still have a few questions. (Spread throughout in bold) Users - root super user who has full access to everything (other than root) individual users user1 through user4...
  6. T

napp it share permissions, so that only authorized users can see the share

I searched around, but did not find answer to this question .. So here is my requirement I am creating multiple ZFS file systems on my pool. Some of those I want accessible by all users (read or read and write, depending on situation). However, I would like to have some ZFS file systems that are...
  7. T

Unavailable memory on ESXi when using passthrough (3GB out of 4 GB)

My planned napp-in-one setup for reference. Hardware Dell T20, Xeon E3-1225V3, 4GB RAM I am still waiting for my order of 16 GB RAM to show up, so I am working with 4GB RAM that came with by T20 box to get started with my setup. I installed ESXi 6.0 image that dell provides and it worked...
  8. T

napp-in-one on dell T20 - my planned setup

Goal of this post is to collect all the information for myself in one place, get some insight and idea about any possible problems/gotchas I am not seeing, and possibly help another newbie in future. What I want to achieve - 1. Serve photos, songs, media 2. Storage for TV recordings. (Windows...