Search results

1. N

Testing/ignore

ignore
  2. N

E5-2640 v3 running warmer than expected

I have an ESXi system running in a Supermicro 826B 2U chassis with 4x FAN-0074L4 midplane fans. It was running E5-2650 v2 / X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD (single CPU) with passive 2U heatsink and was happily idling at 30C. Now I upgraded to E5-2640 v3 / X10SRH-CF and with passive heatsink it was idling at...
  3. N

OmniOS 151030 VM (ESXi) with LSI 9400-8i Tri-Mode HBA freezing up

I setup OmniOS 151030 VM on ESXi v6.7 U2 with LSI 9400-8i HBA passed through to it. Problem is OmniOS occasionally freezes up on me. I think this is related to the HBA, probably driver, because it usually freezes when I start running filebench or fio benchmark and there is really nothing else...
  4. N

WTB: Dynatron R14

Looking to buy Dynatron R14 for ~$20 shipped.
  5. N

Broadcom (LSI/Avago) HBA and RAID Controller Technical Discussion

Broadcom (former LSI, Avago) HBAs and RAID controllers are very popular in STH, FreeNAS and other communities. In spite of their popularity there is a surprising lack of clear technical details and a lot of ambiguity about these cards. There are some good forum and blog posts delving into some...
  6. N

Guide: How to fix lsirec error message "mmap bar1: Invalid argument"

When running lsirec on Linux kernel 4.5 or later it will fail with error message: You can work around this by booting with the "iomem=relaxed" paramter. More info is provided here: HPE Support document - HPE Support Center
  7. N

Broadcom (LSI/Avago) StorCLI Verbose Help

nezach submitted a new resource: Broadcom (LSI/Avago) StorCLI Verbose Help - StorCLI Verbose Help Read more about this resource...
  8. N

Broadcom (LSI/Avago) StorCLI Reference/User Guide

nezach submitted a new resource: Broadcom (LSI/Avago) StorCLI Reference/User Guide - StorCLI Reference/User Guide Read more about this resource...
  9. N

Posting Long Guide/Resource

I tried posting StorCLI command user guide, but ran into an issue with my post being too long. I wanted to post it as a resource, since it is a reference material, but there is no way to split resource into multiple posts like you can do with forum thread. Is posting it as a forum thread with...
  10. N

TNSR Business announced (pfSense replacement?)

Netgate announced TNSR Business today: Come on the Journey with Us It seems like they are positioning it as a pfSense replacement. They are using words "open source" a lot throughout the article, but then they state "for a little more than a dollar a day". It is actually $399 annual...
  11. N

2x Molex SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 /w sideband 50cm cables $7 shipped - eBay

2pcs Cable MOLEX 79576-2102 19.5" Internal iPass Mini SAS Double-Ended Plug | eBay This appears to be a pretty good deal for new cables. BO is also accepted. Cheapest I could find them was $6.37 each @ Newark + shipping.
  12. N

Question about SSF-8087 cables: sideband, SES-2

I am looking to buy a SFF-8087 to SFF-8087 cable to connect M1015 to BPN-SAS2-826EL1 backplane. I did some reading but I couldn't find a definitive answer if I need a cable with side-band or not. Since backplane supports both SES-2 and SGPIO am I correct in assuming that if I use cable without...
  13. N

51 Piece Wiha Precision Screwdriver Set $139

Not exactly a hardware component, but since a lot of the people here take electronics apart some might find this useful. I don't have this set myself, but have some individual drivers and they are really one of the best precision screwdrivers available. Wiha 92191 Precision Drivers Tray Set 51...
  14. N

FS: MikroTik CSS326-24G-2S+RM (SOLD)

For sale is used in like-new condition MikroTik CSS326-24G-2S+RM switch. Comes with all original accessories and packaging. I used this switch for ~6 months, but needed to upgrade to a switch with more SFP+ ports, so it needs to go. Asking $90 + shipping. Reasonable offers will be entertained...
  15. N

ConnectX-3 SR-IOV on ESXi v6.7

Is that even possible? I installed ConnectX-3 on ESXi host, enabled SR-IOV in the firmware, but can't enable it in ESXi. Card is using driver nmlx4-core 3.17.9.12-1vmw.670.0.0.8169922 Found this thread SR-IOV in ESXi and vSphere 6.5 | Mellanox Interconnect Community where people say it is not...
  16. N

SOLD: Netgear S3300-28X-PoE+ (GS728TXP) Switch (24x1G, 2x10GBASE-T, 2xSFP+)

For sale is a used Netgear ProSAFE S3300 Smart Series switch S3300-28X-PoE+ (GS728TXP). Overall switch is in great condition. Physically there are scratches on the top and bottom of the switch, see pictures. One of the SFP cages was bent, but damage has been repaired and modules slide in/out and...
  17. N

Mikrotik S+RJ10 10GBase-T transceiver with ConnectX-2

TL;DR Has anyone tried Mikrotik S+RJ10 10GBase-T/NBase-T transceiver with ConnectX2 or X3 cards? I have to relocate my workstation and will only have Cat5e available in the new locaton, so I am looking into NBase-T. I have Mikrotik CSS326-24G-2S+RM switch and Mellanox ConnectX2 card in the...