Search results

1. N

Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F - $162, but...

Not sure if it is rust, but definitely something ain't right
  2. N

Cheap 32in 4K IPS Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, usb-c inputs $330 FS

Still available at the original price if anyone is looking. For those who bought it, are you still happy with the purchase?
  3. N

No. It's more of a want than a need, so I am still contemplating about it.
  4. N

Any idea how heavy it is without the stand? Interested to see if my current two monitor stand can support it.
  5. N

Testing/ignore

ignore
  6. N

Two PCIe SSDs (3.2TB & 1.6TB)

thanks OP!
  7. N

WD blue 1TB SSD $13.99 on Ebay - (Scam)

Watch this video
  8. N

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Bifurcation settings are in the BIOS, but I have not tried it though.
  9. N

HGST 4TB SAS hard drives $60

I got 6 drives from this deal. Here is smart data from couple of them. First one as you can see has quite a lot of writes. Anyone knows more about the ECC errors, is there any significance to them? Manufactured in week 18 of year 2015 Specified cycle count over device lifetime: 50000...
  10. N

Guinea pigs needed - aka FreeNas 11.3 is out

Thanks for the info. I will give it a go then and report back.
  11. N

Guinea pigs needed - aka FreeNas 11.3 is out

Thanks for posting those links @Rand__ I was about to setup a new box with 3008 controller and 11.3. Guess will have to go with 11.2 for now.
  12. N

Dell satadom 64gb

I know what you mean, it's just an unnecessary hassle. I got lucky and found a female connector that SM motherboard requires laying around, spliced wires and all is well now. I still don't know what that connector is. It would be nice to know, so I can just buy them online. Appears to be...
  13. N

DEAD: Another HGST 1.6TB SAS3 deal $180 - $140 OBO (in qty)

You might want to re-read that first post you quoted. Answer is in that post.
  14. N

Dell satadom 64gb

Yes, these would work great for that, as long as you can power them :) I believe I saw somewhere that endurance is 1 DWPD
  15. N

Dell satadom 64gb

Found 4-pin Molex to 3-pin SATADOM cable Power Cable 4-Pin Molex M to 4-Pin F & 3-Pin SATA DOM (1pin not connect)-10 pcs | eBay, but it's $20 for 10 pieces so not ideal
  16. N

ICX7150 for repair?

This post on reddit Ruckus ICX7150-C12P woes : networking talks about high power supply failure rate on these units. Also link to the reddit post where @fohdeesha talks about power supply replacement Ruckus ICX 7150-C12P: what power supply goes into this? : homelab
  17. N

E5-2640 v3 running warmer than expected

I am running SNK-P0048AP4. Thanks for the tip on i7z, I will have to try it. I don't see how it can be airflow issue since Ivy Bridge CPU was running fine with lower fan speeds and passive CPU cooler and now Haswell is running 10C hotter with active cooler and higher fan speeds. Also, if it was...
  18. N

Dell satadom 64gb

SM orange port supports power on the 7th SATA pin. Innodisk SATADOM-ML 3SE series also supports power on the 7th pin, but only models that end in F. Since the one I bought is dell branded and it does not use Innodisk PN it wasn't clear if it will support power on the 7th pin or not. Haven't...
  19. N

Dell satadom 64gb

Just and FYI, I received SATADOM from the seller I posted couple posts back and it does not work without cable in the SM orange SATA port.