Search results

1. F

Supermicro X9SCM-F no longer booting

I've confirmed that CPU and RAM work in another machine. So I guess that the mobo is dead. Amazing that some combination of flashing an LSI card and unloading a kernel module can fry a motherboard. I'm afraid of plugging that LSI card into another machine..
  2. F

Yep, all cards are gone. All harddrives are unplugged. Only thing plugged into the motherboard is the power, a few fans and the standard headers needed for LED/power button. Even pulled the intrusion switch and tried different fans incase it was a RPM alarm.
  3. F

Hi Flashed an M1015 from IR to IT mode, couldnt find controller using megacli (but disks showed), flashed back to IR mode. Still couldn't. Did an "rmmod mpt3sas" in Ubuntu, got a kernel panic, restarted the server. CONSTANT BEEPING. BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP (I think it was 5.. or 6)...
  4. F

SC846 in a Netshelter CX Mini?

That is pretty good, about the same temps I get in an old RPC-4020 with Noctua fans, sitting in a biiig room, outside of any rack. Do you use the stock fans in the SC846? I've been looking for an 18U Netshelter CX because it has more exhaust fans, but maybe I should pick up one of the Minis...
  5. F

SC846 in a Netshelter CX Mini?

What are the HDD temperatures in the SC846 after a few days with the door closed? Is it fully populated? Stock fans?