Search results

1. N

LSI 9207-8i - Successor to 9211?

Academic ... I was also thinking that if it was commercial then it would have easier to make a case for a larger investment. We thought of it but the thing is that we plan to run many simulation of the same kind but with different parameters, and each takes a while to execute as well. It seemed...
  2. N

@dba: thanks again for taking the time and digging up old notes! you've been really great! Ill try iostat as you suggested. I was already using sysstat and sar but I found the report rate to be too low (it relies on cron) and it shows averages per interval whereas i'm also interested in peaks...
  3. N

Hi dba, Thanks again for all the answers. I was able to run one simulation with an SSD as swap by using all the 32 GB of ram plus about 90 GB swap from the SSD. The other simulations require about 650 GB more ram (and you don't want to know about the next one up). Using hard drives instead of...
  4. N

Hi dba, Many thanks for taking the time to reply with such a thorough and informative answer. I very much appreciate it. I have a few more queries below if you could waste some more time. Your assumption is correct. Matlab is the application in question and I was actually just thinking of...
  5. N

Ok, so I remembered correctly that JBOD does not increase read/write speeds for one thread. What I need (and I actually do need) is very fast read/write also with high IOPS but as affordable as possible. Note I didn't say "cheap". The application in question is a monster mathematical code that...
  6. N

Hi, I've seen those reviews as well. There's another one here: http://www.servethehome.com/lsi-9207-9217-hbas-sas2308-6gbs-sas-sata-pcie-30/ I apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge, I hope a kind soul can spare a few seconds to explain something easy. I know that by default the LSI...