Search results

1. C

WiFi access 100 ft from the house

Very cool. My friend is ordering a AP AC LR. We are going to try that first. Going to place it in a window in a clear line of sight. If the signal at his other building still isn't good enough. I told him the next step is the Nanostation. I am think of the M2 or M2 Loco. I told him we...
  2. C

@T_Minus Well it looks like the AC LR or Pro is the best choice. I think once it is setup in his other building. He may want it in his house. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  3. C

@Schoondoggy His only complaint was the dialup speed he was getting in their outbuilding. He is mostly interested in streaming audio. The first thing I suggested was to trench a cat 6 cable. Then connect an AP. He is not against trenching. He just wants the easiest and internet connection...
  4. C

So the Lite and LR use 24 V injectors and the Pro uses standard 48v PoE? That is good to know. I am planning on replacing my analog CCTV setup with Axis IP PoE cameras. I will need to get a PoE switch for them. I haven't decided on who's PoE switch I will get.
  5. C

I actually might get this for myself. I don't want to replace my router. It says that the mesh nodes can be used with any router. I am assuming they have their own web interface to set them up?
  6. C

@T_Minus I think I will use two NanoStations. One at the house and one at the other building. That way he can use Ethernet on desktops and still have WiFi access. I found a distributor about 90 miles south of us. He can order it from there and get it pretty quickly. Sent from my XT1254...
  7. C

Never heard of them. Other than the Netgear N600. I've always used enterprise gear at home. After all the years I was in IT. I am more familiar with it. Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
  8. C

I forgot about those. My cousin bought some for his house 3 years ago. He had his patio enclosed so it could be used all year. His house was brick so it was difficult running cables through the walls. The ones he had were 10/100. Which was fine for him. He only had 10/100 network anyway...
  9. C

@T_Minus I think the Unifi AP AC Lite and the Nanostation loco m2 is a good combination. Would I need to run the software on one of his computers? Is that just to setup the devices or is it necessary to have that computer on all the time? Kinda confused. I have watched youtube videos show...
  10. C

@T_Minus So I should just be able to get an external antenna for each location? Along with the Unifi AC Lite.
  11. C

I believe both are wood. I can't remember off hand. I can message him. I was there but I am blanking on those details. The outbuilding is about the side of a 1 to 1.5 car garage.
  12. C

I have a friend that wants internet access in an outbuilding. It is about 100 ft from his house. His current wifi (i don't have the details of what he has at the moment) barely reaches. It very rarely connects. When it does. It reminds you of a 28.8 dialup modem from the 90's. I gave him...
  13. C

IP Camera Recommendations

Oh my mistake. I miss read your message. Thought you were asking what it was. I don't know how well. I would think the more IR LEDS the better. My current analog CCTV cameras do pretty well at night. So I would think this one would do quite well.
  14. C

That is an IR extender. It fits around the camera lenses body to increase the night vision. This one is specific to Ubiquiti model UVC-G3. Some IR extenders are generic and can work with any camera. Some don't attach to the camera. Some are mounted near the camera to provide better IR...
  15. C

Yes they do. I just read up on them. You have to watch though. Some brands have cameras that don't have night vision. They will usually say in the description or in the specs.
  16. C

Thank you. I will check them out. Yeah the video looks pretty decent.
  17. C

Thanks. I agree with the high bitrate and the illumination. I was considering external ir. Only if the cameras own ir wasn't enough. I never thought of the the PPF. After some searching. I think I might be going with Axis for my cameras. I remember them from back in the 90's. I was...
  18. C

What kind of hardware are you running? I also looked at Blue Iris. The requirements look pretty demanding for a DVR Camera software. I am going to have 3 maybe 4 cameras probably around the 3 or 4 mp range. I mostly want clear detailed video.
  19. C

How is the quality of the video? Is it good enough to see peoples faces clearly? That is one of my primary requirements for the cameras. Given the fact that my CCTV cameras are a good 5+ years old. Any of the new IP cameras are going to be an improvement. I just want some good detail in the...
  20. C

I have heard of them. They have been around for quite a while. I remember them from the early 2000's or possibly even the mid 90's. The price isn't really an issue within reason. I would be replacing each analog camera one by one. My next issue is pulling cat5e to each camera location to use...