Search results

1. M

Powering fan - pinout or schematics of any LSI card (927x, 93xx, M5210, M1115...) needed

Thanks for passing-by; I am looking into radianheatsinks.com who have wide collection of sinks and fans or can even do custom sizes to cool various size chips; like GPU, SoC, RoC, etc.... I would like to cool any or all of mentioned cards and I want to drain power directly from raid/hba card...
  2. M

What is suffix "0Q" in Samsung PC4-LRDIMM M393A2G40DB0-CPB(0Q) ??

Hi guys, Does anyone know what's the difference between these modules ?? (M393A2G40DB0-CPB vs M393A2G40DB0-CPB0Q) I examined memory chips and buffer chips and they are totally identical as everything else on these modules. So what's the difference and can I mix them ? Thanks PS: The reason I...
  3. M

Video 7 server memory - who's chip manufacturer ??

I've seen few nice prices for RDIMM 16GB from Video 7 on ebay... I never heard of that memory and I would like to know who makes chips for that memory so I can explore compatibility with my Xeon (ES). Does anyone know who makes these chips ? Is it Hynix, Samsung, Micron ??
  4. M

You experiences with HP SAS Expander 12GB/s

I have few of these exapnders: HPE 12G SAS Expander Card (QuickSpecs/c04346272.pdf) And they are not so cooperative (expander dropouts for a second every 10-30 seconds) with IBM and/or LSI 12GB/s RAID controllers. Expander seems to work better if speed is manually lowered to 6GB/s and raised...
  5. M

LSI 9361 RAID5 slower with cachecade - is that normal ???

I have one ST200FM0073 (Seagate SAS SSD, 185 GB, 12GB/s) as cachecade drive. When I use it to cache RAID 5 i get worse results than without using that SSD as the cache. In other words: - SSD as independent virtual drive (not CC drive) has performances 1 GB/s read/write. (SSD 12GB/s) - SSD as...
  6. M

6GB/s vs 12GB/s cables

Hello :) How can I distinguish 12GB/s from 6 GB/s SAS cable; e.g. "MINI SAS SFF 8643 -> SFF-8087". When I look in ebay they all look the same. Is there any difference ??? Thx !
  7. M

CacheCade EEPROM chip on Raid Card

So we have read on the forum that hardware key to activate CacheCade can be pain in the neck for the reason that little key is validated by small EEPROM chip just next to CacheCade connector. Each manufacturer has it's own code in that EEPROM so that keys can't be exchanged. I tried LSI key on...
  8. M

CacheCade licenses

I have one or two more licenses left for cachecade... $100, if interested PM me. This is not a hardware key (plug n play) - so server details (SN,MN, UUID, etc) will have to be provided; and controller must be installed on the IBM server. MMI2 console should be used to enter the license key...
  9. M

Created VD RAID0 with advanced caching settings

Is it possible to create RAID0 VD for each UGOOD disk and with advanced settings..... I know the answer is "no" but maybe some quick n dirty command like there is for JBOD to do so exists .... thx !
  10. M

How to import Lenovo FoD key without IMM, just using StorCli

I have purchased FoD Authorization code for MegaRaid M5210 CacheCade feature I desire. During "online" activation CacheCade feature on Lenovo site, Lenovo requires my server to be on the list of "supported servers". I find that very strange since purchased feature is for upgrading controller...