Search results

1. T

IBM ServeRaid M5210 with missing chip resistors

Thank you for following up with a reply.
  2. T

IBM M5210 Success Story

FWIW, I wanted to share a successful installation of a used IBM M5210 RAID controller. I received the controller with a 1GB cache w/flash module on Ebay for $99 not knowing if I could get it working in one of my older systems. The controller is running IBM FW version Version 24.9.0-0026 and...
  3. T

Why are motherboard failing Windows Server 2012?

I wish I knew. I've got a P8B-E/4L I'm sitting on patiently (?) waiting for a BIOS update to get 2012 installed. I haven't found a workaround yet.
  4. T

IBM M5015 experiences

Thanks for the reply; yeah, I'm happy with how it's working for the most part, but I do have two issues: 1> Booting is flaky. Sometimes the FW doesn't initialize correctly and sometimes (seemingly randomly) for some reason the system will only try PXE booting off my NIC. That said, I suspect...
  5. T

IBM M5015 experiences

Hey guys, I just got my 5014 flashed with the guide linked off the front page and I'd like to make sure I did it correctly. Megaraid software still shows 5014. (see screenshot) Is this normal or should I attempt to re-flash?
  6. T

IBM M1015 Experiences

Thanks both of you for responding; Yeah, I've rebooted several times; it's acting as a HyperV host right now. OS is Win2k8R2 Core. I toggled the write cache off and then on and oddly got 10% lower performance on sizes less than 16k and 10% higher performance above there. Those crazy read speeds...
  7. T

IBM M1015 Experiences

Performance Results Hi all! Thank you very much for all the work that has been done to bring this information together. I've just completed a server build with this controller and I wanted to post the ATTO results and get reactions on it's performance to make sure everything looks in order. The...