Search results

1. S

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

huh... I literally searched directly for more of them and nothing came up. But even still, I thought I was free of temptation.
  2. S

They now appear to be sold out. I never pulled the trigger. Maybe for the best as I can keep waiting until I'm ready to build.
  3. S

Anyone have sustained sequential read and write numbers on the ones they received.
  4. S

I've had 16 of these in my cart for a couple weeks now I kept checking to see if people were talking about them here :D as a sanity check. I can't quite use them yet but wanting to build an all flash NAS out of a 24drive JBOD I have. It'll only be on 10GbE for now and I need space more than...
  5. S

*UPDATED* 2020 Blowout - Complete Servers - SSD - Networking & MORE!

The SLC SSDs are up and running in my server running well. Good experience buying.
  6. S

*UPDATED* 2020 Blowout - Complete Servers - SSD - Networking & MORE!

Are those SLC SAS SSDs still available? I may be interested in picking up all you have left.
  7. S

HGST 8TB SAS HUH728080AL5200

Well all done migrating to the new disks. My drive's 'smartctl -a' if desired. Manufactured in week 26 of year 2015 Accumulated start-stop cycles: 12 Accumulated load-unload cycles: 313 Error counter log: Errors Corrected by Total Correction Gigabytes Total...
  8. S

These disks appear to be from SUN/Oracle. I wonder if the firmware is automatically applying some sort of internal 520b when formatted to 512e since the user-space is the same as before but the drive doesn't specify the protection it did before. Meanwhile on 4Kn it doesn't bother with it.
  9. S

You do need to power cycle the disk for the new sector size to be reported. Usually just unplugging and replugging works. @Samir I did end up formatting back to 512 logical sectors and the space went back down. I'm not sure what the exact situation is with this though. === START OF...
  10. S

If you give me a day or so I can format one of mine back to 512e. I don't have spare bays right now, so I offlined my ZFS pool replaced a bunch of disks with the new HGST SAS disks to format them in bulk. Then put back in the old disks to resilver one by one. Just finished formatting them all...
  11. S

Update, just needed to do sg_format --format --size=4096 /dev/da12 and === START OF INFORMATION SECTION === Vendor: HGST Product: H7280A520SUN8.0T Revision: PD51 Compliance: SPC-4 User Capacity: 8,001,563,222,016 bytes [8.00 TB] Logical...
  12. S

My 8 arrived a yesterday but I didn't have time to work with them until tonight. Came in a big box intended for approximately 24. And tons of padding. I feel I'll be reusing it in the future I think. Noticed when I put one in my TrueNAS box it reported 7.15TiB disk size vs ~7.27 of a typical...
  13. S

In for 8. Much cheaper for my use than even white label WDs. Just bulk storage in my case. $10/TB compared to $14-$16. For the cost I can self warranty.
  14. S

BestBuy - 12TB Easystore USB HDD - $180

Annnnnd It's gone. Actually was planning on buying quite a few for a big project. Oh well.
  15. S

BestBuy - 12TB Easystore USB HDD - $180

If you checked a later followup: WD CONFIRMS 12TB easystore(wd120emfz) NOT SMR : DataHoarder
  16. S

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Picked up two in-store. They had like eight on the shelf. Both are EFAX. 256MB cache REDs. I don't plan on shucking. Plan on using them in the shell to take over the roles of my older externals which I will shuck since they're out of warranty. But damn, these perform pretty good. 200MB on the...
  17. S

Supermicro 4U 24 bay 846 chassis SAS2 with rails/motherboard - $300

Well damn. I just bought a SAS2 expander from him for 279+shipping yesterday. Did it because I already have a fully loaded 24bay supermicro 846 with a SAS1 backplane, and all the other expanders keep going for 600+. Still I didn't want to buy another chassis just to take out the expander to sell...
  18. S

Storage pools performance question

It's...technically striped in that it balances data across all the disks in the pool/vsdisk. But it won't read from them in a striped slab fashion as a RAID-0 would. At the same time, MS needs to cut the crap with their documentation since if it even stripes heavily depends on your setup. By...
  19. S

Newegg: Refurbished HGST/Hitachi Ultrastar 7K3000 HUA723020ALA641 2TB HD $40 end Thu

I'm jump on this but still waiting on a refund for some other ebay hitachi's. But I bought 5 of these early last year all had like 18k+ hours and all were fine. Still working good in my server. Would buy more from newegg again due to their packaging. GoHardDrive has a similar deal, but on the...
  20. S

[US] Hitachi Ultrastar A7K2000 HUA722020ALA331 2TB 32 MB $32.99

Got two of the 2TB's in today. Both don't even spin. So good showing from this seller. Both also have rattling noises inside. Guess I'm doing a replacement. Edit: was using my USB3 dock that I normally check my disks in, then put them in my 24bay supermicro, still nothing Edit2: Their...