Search results

1. R

SUPERMICRO JBOD: SAS connections for use with 2 servers and 4 HBA 2 ports.

Hello. We have just acquired two supermicro cse-216BE2C-R609JBOD jbods. I'm looking to use them with 2 servers each having 2 SAS9300-8e cards. The documentation does not give any information for this case, only for the use of a server with 2 SAS cards. How should these materials be connected for...
  2. R

SUPERMICRO JBOD: SAS connections for use with 2 servers and 4 HBA 2 ports.

Hello. We have just acquired two supermicro cse-216BE2C-R609JBOD jbods. I'm looking to use them with 2 servers each having 2 SAS9300-8e cards. The documentation does not give any information for this case, only for the use of a server with 2 SAS cards. How should these materials be connected for...
  3. R

How to configure SAS multipath with OmniOS CE ?

Hello. I am looking for documentation to configure SAS disks in multipath under OmniOS CE. Should I follow the procedures for solaris 10 or solaris 11? How should we proceed ? which files to modify? I need to configure a Dell H200E card and a Dell MD1200 with SAS drives. Do you have links to...
  4. R

OmniOS, Napp-it, smb share and ad local domain group

Hello. I'm having a strange problem accessing an SMB share. here is the configuration: an OmniOS CE r151030 server, napp-it, a dataset shared with smb, and a windows 10 or windows 7 client. Both the client and the server are members of an AD domain. At AD level, there is a local group and a...
  5. R

Use SMB DFS with Solaris or OmniOS.

Hello, I am looking to use the SMB Distributed File System (Microsoft DFS) functionality of OmniOS CE (kernel and not samba) There is not a lot of documentation on the net. According to the Solaris documentation, this should work without any server-side configuration : "No configuration is...
  6. R

[solved] Napp-it and folder-acl : write-error

Hello, When I click a link in the folder-acl column in the ZFS Filesystems (shares and base settings) table, I get the following error : How can I solve this? napp-it version => 16.07f July.28.2016 OmniOS version => r151018
  7. R

OMNIOS and infiniband tools.

Hello, Is it possible to use infiniband utilities like ib_read_bw, ib_send_bw, ib_send_lat with OMNIOS as in solaris 11 (Monitoring and Troubleshooting IB Devices - Oracle Solaris Administration: Devices and File Systems) ?
  8. R

[solved] napp-it and infiniband : where is menu ?

Hello, i try napp-it free on dell R510 with mellanox infiniband card. Everything works fine except the 033_Network_IB menu that does not appear in system menu. Should it be activated? If yes how can do that ? napp-it version => 16.07f July.28.2016 OmniOS version => r151018 Firefox version =>...