Search results

1. F

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

i was considering the 4.0 card for upgradability and i think the 3.0 uplink (15.5GB/s) can bottleneck the drives in sequential read (8x 2.6GB/s = 20.8GB/s), but maybe not worth the extra cost in this case, thanks
  2. F

Multi-NVMe (m.2, u.2) adapters that do not require bifurcation

Does anyone have any info on the additional latency these adapters introduce? My application is very latency-sensitive, I'm considering using something like Highpoint R1580 (PCIe 4.0 16x) to drive 8x Optane 905p (PCIe 3.0 4x) but wondering if the additional latency won't give any benefit over...
  3. F

Ideas for fanless/silent 25Gbps router

Hi all, looking for a new router machine. The fiber termination from my ISP is in my living room, so I'd like to it to be fanless/silent. I have another fiber run to my home office room which has workstation, NAS, etc, so I'd like minimum of 2 25G ports, plus an extra 10G for an WiFi AP in...
  4. F

Video cards with side/rear mounted PCIe power

You can try using right angled power connectors if you can spare a few mm clearance. Looks like it would fit in the 2 card case. Sleeved PCI-E 6 pin 90 deg. left pwr extender 2.5" low profileALL BLK USA MADE | eBay
  5. F

EU Dual E5-2600 Foxconn Server £250

I haven't tested Windows, but I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work.
  6. F

Seems to be standard E-ATX motherboard. There are no markings on the chassis other than serial numbers.
  7. F

Yes, very. Once system boots it quietens down a bit, but wouldn't want to be in the same room when it's on. Lack of a lid probably doesn't help here.
  8. F

I was looking at the Quanta 2ML boxes from Natex for a cheap colo box but shipping was prohibitive to UK. This seems like much the same thing but a bit cheaper- Cheap E5-2600 Sixteen Core Cloud Foxconn Server (Configure-To-Order) Base price is £79.99, but you're forced to add 2xCPU and RAM. I...
  9. F

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

Does anyone know where the Gigabyte MB10-DS5 are? They don't seem to be available anywhere. Alternatively, any other ITX boards with SFP+ and 128GB RAM? Edit: Ah- SM have 3 new motherboard (coming soon) with mini-itx + sfp+. Super Micro Computer, Inc. Products - Server Systems based on Intel®...