Search results

1. A

OmniOS r151038 LTS with nappit 22.01b sets wrong time on joining an Active Directory domain [SOLVED]

Hi gea, no this is a bare metal setup. I also checked in the BIOS is it had the wrong time but no. I just guess it might be due to some daylight savings setting which are not correctly interpreted.
  2. A

OmniOS CE r151038y SMB / Active Directory problems after upgrade fom 151030 [SOLVED]

A quick follow-up on this: i was able to finally join the domain and have all Windows SIDs back. Seems like in the end it has been a timesync issue, see this topic...
  3. A

OmniOS r151038 LTS with nappit 22.01b sets wrong time on joining an Active Directory domain [SOLVED]

Just as a follow-up: i was finally able to join the domain when i disabled the step1 additional timesnyc with the AD server, thanks to @gea who gave me the hint to comment our some lines in the join script. So then joining was successful, i still don't know why the time of the server switched...
  4. A

I upgraded our r151030 LTS to 151038 LTS and am experiencing an error on re-joining the domain, as there is a too big time skew of 1 hour. Actually the system time is correct when i check with "date", in my case it was 16:30h . The TZ is set to Europe/Berlin via "tzseclect". I am trying to...
  5. A

OmniOS CE r151038y SMB / Active Directory problems after upgrade fom 151030 [SOLVED]

Hi gea, so i managed to reboot the server to the old BE 151030 and all is working fine. The root user has a Windows SID and also the AD groups and AD users on the folder ACLs are properly displayd. I did a new upgrade to 151038-LTS and the same like described above happened. I had to rejoin...
  6. A

Hi gea, actually the root user has no SID. Do i have to set the password again? I will see how it is when i reboot to 151030, maybe tomorrow, currently some users are working on files on the server. I will let you know how it goes.
  7. A

Hi all, we have a file server with SMB shares on OmniOS CE r151038y with nappit 21.06a5. We are using it in Domain Mode. The system was upgraded a week ago from 151030 and apparently the upgrade went well. Now, /var/adm/messages is spammed with messages like: Nov 4 15:56:45 spectre last...
  8. A

Trouble installing OmniOS on X11SSH-CTF with NVME M.2 PCIe Drive

Actually i can not find any option for the bifurcation on the Bios of the X11-SSH-CTF. It is supposed to be in the CPU related section of the bios but i can't find it. The Manual does not mention it either. Maybe this is related to the fact that i installed a Pentium Gold G4560 Processor and no...
  9. A

dear gea, i managed to install OmniOS 151026 on a NVMe 1.2 device. I actually purchased two identical PCIe SSDs (Intel 600p M.2) and a Supermicro 2-Port NVme HBA AOC-SLG3-2M2-O with the intention to mirror the rpool. I installed both drives on this Add-On-Card and put it in the PCIe x8 slot...
  10. A

Dear gea, thanks for your reply. I have actually read about this soluton before but do not know if i did right in applying it. I have booted to the installer from a mounted ISO (via IPMI) and then chose the command line, edited the nvme.conf with VI and went back to the boot menu to option 1...
  11. A

Dear all, i am not succeeding in installing Omniosce 151026 or 151022 on the Supermicro X11SSH-CTF Board. I plan to install it to an NVME SSD. I have the Intel SSD 760p 128GB M.2 PCIe installed on the board but the setup does not recognize it. The reason i would like t0 install to the ssd...
  12. A

OmniOS Upgrade to r151022 unsuccessful - not booting

Hi gea, another go on upgrading to r151022ce. Upgrade itself is running all fine, but it is not booting into the new BE. It is stuck here: I edited the boot entry to get more verbose output: Here is the result where the machine is stuck: Do you have any further ideas? I will try another...
  13. A

Good morning gea, thanks for your reply. You mean to try to upgrade from r151020 (OmniTi) to r151024ce directly? Because r151022 i can not boot into. On this machine i have no 4kn disks. I actually tried to upgrade to r151022ce directly (from r151020) but i am hitting errors about...
  14. A

Hi to all, we have a small server for the office running OmniOS and napp-it. It is based on a Supermicro barebone SC743TQ-865B-SQ 4U with mainboard X11SSH-CTF and a Xeon 1225. All running well. Have been running r151018 since a year and the plan was to upgrade to the community LTS edition...
  15. A

smb clients blocking each other when access the same file

Hello algato and gea, Did you ever resolve this problem? we have the same issue here on r151018. Could it have sth. to do with the "nbmand" option? I will try to set this to "off", but currently some clients are rendering and i can not go through a umount/mount cycle. Thanks and all the Best...