Search results

1. G

ES Xeon Discussion

People are actively looking for that particular chip too. I originally bought my 2683V3 for 260. When I sold it, I sold my 2695V3 as well. The 2683 sold for 413 and the 2695 sold for 420 (broke even on the 2695 after fees). I found it odd that the sold for only a few bucks more. But yes like you...
  2. G

ES Xeon Discussion

It is identical to a 2695 but with a single core turbo of 3.5 instead of 3.3. I own one and it is an awesome sleeper CPU, and since it has retail stepping the V3 Xeon hack works. Below is a screenshot of my Cinebench scores. I am thinking of selling it on eBay for 400ish dollars since all Xeons...
  3. G

Xeon ES/QS Benchmark Database

I will re submit my scores now that I have done the all cores max turbo exploit the Haswell Xeons have. Did a quick and dirty run of Cinebench and scored around 21000, after tweaking should be at 22000 with my 2683 V3.
  4. G

ES Xeon Discussion

If you notice, forum member Stilt on Anand tested all CPU microcodes and found one that was the perfect blend of performance and stability. Using one of the microcodes he managed to get an all cores boost of 3.0 instead of 2.3 and 10 core boost of 3.6 (instead of 2 cores) and had many errata...
  5. G

ES Xeon Discussion

Damn good read, thank you very much for posting. Looks like it should be feasible with my AsRock Extreme 4 with a older microcode and a registry hack to windows 10 (or older windows by removimg a certain update). I am not familiar with updating the microcode on a BIOS however, and have no...
  6. G

ES Xeon Discussion

Trust me I have searched everything on the web and can't find anything on the matter. Changed power limit, voltages, etc. Nothing stuck, the only thing I notice is you are running Windows 7, possible that version of Windows handles turbos differently. I thought of maybe trying beta early BIOS...
  7. G

ES Xeon Discussion

So what is the secret to have all cores boosted? That is an impressive Cinebench score of true.
  8. G

Xeon ES/QS Benchmark Database

Here are my results. 2683 V3 QS 1832 Multi 127 Single 18.88 9061 Was unable to run the final test. HPET is disabled.
  9. G

ES Xeon Discussion

I am sorry I misread, true QS chips will work with any board that support 2011v3 Xeons. 99% of all QS chips have the same steppings as retail/OEM chips and all features are present.
  10. G

ES Xeon Discussion

The general consensus is for X99 AsRock has great compatibility with ES chips.
  11. G

ES Xeon Discussion

Both CPUs are very similar, all core turbo on both is 2.5 (I would ignore the 2.0 and 2.3 values) . Cinebench score on the V4 is around 80-100 points more due to the architectural improvements of broadwell since again both turbo at the same all core turbo. Single core performance on the other...
  12. G

ES Xeon Discussion

I have the same motherboard with a 2683V3 Xeon with a BCLK of 104.5 completely stable. I can go as high as 107 (not stable of course). Maybe since yours is an early ES it might be pickier with all the buses. I believe an all core turbo would be 2.3-2.5.
  13. G

ES Xeon Discussion

An ES 2683 V3 will score around 1500 in Cinebench 15 (the ones floating on Ebay for around 220ish). A QS and Retail version 2683 depending on how optimized your system will score around 1700-1730 stock. Overclocked 4.5% will yield you between 1790-1830. So 1680 might be lower than normal but...
  14. G

ES Xeon Discussion

QS is one step away from retail, it even has the same stepping. Be careful because a lot of chips listed on ebay have QS but are really ES. Edit: Did not notice Nanotech answered the question and with better detail.
  15. G

ES Xeon Discussion

All QS (Quality Sample) have the same frequency speeds as OEM/Retail.
  16. G

ES Xeon Discussion

Just look for it on ebay, sometimes good deals pop up. As far as finding a 2686 V3 at or below 300 will be hard. They use to be around 400 a few months ago and are currently pricey.
  17. G

ES Xeon Discussion

I get a cinebench 1700-1715 at stock, and 1785-1805 at 104. At 1700 my system still scores 100 over the 2690V4 you posted and overclock to 104 BCLK I get 200 more. But like an other poster suggested that listing is very misleading. Good luck on your find, I personally would not get early...
  18. G

ES Xeon Discussion

Core temp variance is normal if it is within a few degrees, is the screen shot above of all cores loaded? Your coolest core is 35 and your hottest is 50. A 15 degree difference usually does not occur, but you are beneath your thermal threshold. For instance my 2683 V3 after 5 mins of stress...
  19. G

ES Xeon Discussion

The 2690 V4 you posted has a very crippling flaw, its maximum uncore speed is 1600mhz. A lot of benchmarks will show the weakness of a low uncore including video editing. I was interested in the CPU listed and email the seller if maybe it was just a flaw and they responded what HWInfo shows is...
  20. G

ES Xeon Discussion

At snailboys I did not see your last post earlier, I am not having any booting problems. Works 100% of the time, my board is an AsRock X99 Extreme 4. Currently have it 100% stable at BCLK of 104.1, giving me an all core turbo of 2.6 and 2 core turbo of 3.1. I can go up to 108 BCLK but I have...