Search results

1. D

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Yes, I did try a PWM generator to fool the IPMI. But without any luck sadly. I wrote a bit more about it in post #428
  2. D

Seems you got further with it than I did. I only ever really wanted to use the Noctua NF-A4x20 on the CPU. And had that worked, Then cut a hole in the top cover and put another fan as intake to help both the CPU and give the drives some fresh air. But as I wrote in my post. I had no luck with...
  3. D

Yeah, so I posted about it earlier in the thread. But I’ve sort of giving up on swapping the fan on the EC200a, at least for now. I tried reading the outputs with an oscilloscope. And using the little PWM generator I also mentioned. But no luck. I will say I do find it a little odd they would...
  4. D

So I’ve now tried using the little PWM generator I mentioned in the previous post. And have it send back a fake Tach PWM to the board. But sadly without much luck so far. In the spec sheet PDF for the original Delta fan. It says the optimal frequency for it is 25K HZ. So that’s what I tried on...
  5. D

I've already made a few comments on this already. But I'll make more of a list of findings so far. In hopes others have ideas or ideas to add: The fan is a Delta FFB0412UHN-SP4Z (FFB0412UHN-SP4Z) Which has the 4 pin wire info. The connector on the board looks like a 4 pin JST connector. I did...
  6. D

I've been trying to swap out the fan and add more in the process. But iLO is not happy if the default Delta fan (FFB0412UHN-SP4Z) isn't connected. The Delta fan runs very high rpm. So I think iLO demands to read that back or it will just see the fan as not running. I've tried the few easy things...
  7. D

The fan goes full jet engine at max speed. So I'm trying to swap in another fan. But since that won't be enough by itself then. I'll cut open the cover to have a big fan blowing fresh air in from the top. But first I need to fool iLO's PWM tach reading I believe. Otherwise just says no fan...
  8. D

I plan on having it off-site with a family member as a little proxmox node for light stuff. They also have the same FTTH provider, so ping is <2ms across town. I'm trying to first make it a little quieter by finding a way to mod another fan solution on it. Which iLO doesn't seem to like at all...
  9. D

So regarding the brackets. The space inside is so tight when you have two drives in it. That I think you could just put some thin rubber strips on the sides and under the drives on the three “tracks” where bracket would screw into. Could be those rubber windows sealing strips. Seems like that...
  10. D

Has anyone else tried swapping the fan on these out? I did, but it doesn’t seem too happy with it, and reports no fan installed at all. I almost think there might be a minimum rpm speed, it demands to read. And if not reached, it will just report there is no fan at all. Note: The wire pinout...
  11. D

When I got mine, I first booted it with an sdd with Windows already on it and let Windows mount the .iso. I think I that updated iLO that way, but BIOS I did via iLO.
  12. D

While I've not tested it. I would think so, since the sata power connector in it only has four wires. It doesn't have the orange 3.3V wire.
  13. D

So I don't really see the point in the temperatures readings for the CPU in iLO. When it doesn't match the real temp (lm-sensors) at all. Is the iLO a "zone temp" around the CPU or instead of a normal CPU temp reading?
  14. D

Great Deals sub section

Yes, starting a new thread in the correct sub forum would be the ideal. But sometimes you get Great Deal threads with 10+ pages of good content. Which I feel will have a small chance of being brought over to a brand new thread. But a simple time limit on threads, might get a similar result in...
  15. D

Hehe, same for me with the offsite proxmox node idea. But for me it's an aunt, with the same FTTH provider as me, so <2ms between us.
  16. D

Great Deals sub section

So I see a lot of older threads being bumped in the "Great Deals" section. People still talking about the item long after the sale, or at least it being a good deal is over. Now this is in fact a great thing, as those threads often end up becoming very helpful about a specific product/item and...
  17. D

Yes, that's what I meant and why I got one of these. But most other low power boards don't support RDIMM. From what I've found it's really just the Xeon D's and now the new embedded EPYC 3000. Aside from those, not really anything I'd call low in power usage.
  18. D

Indeed. For me it was wanting a box as a low power proxmox node, that didn't need much in terms of storage space. 2 drives and the M.2 is enough. But it did need the ability to use the RDIMMs. Because I had some laying around doing nothing. So seemed like the perfect little box for this...
  19. D

While I don't have mine yet. But looking at a drawing of the caddies. They seem simple in design. I will try and bend some thin metal sheet and recreate it. But my backup idea is to mount it to the top cover. Which might be easier.
  20. D

I should get mine early next week. Would be cool to have one of those PMs from Mymlan the thread MVP.