Search results

1. J

ASrock Rack ROMED8-2T - Correct PCIE2 Selection Jumper settings and/or what cables to use OCU1 & OCU2 w/ U.2 Drives

I must be doing this wrong because no matter how I set the PCIE2 Selection Jumpers for my ROMED8-2T board, I cannot see the two Micron 9300 Pro U.2 drives connected to the two OCU1 & OCU2 connectors on the board using two of these cables: PCIe Gen 4 16 GT/s OCulink (SFF-8611) to U.2 (SFF-8639)...
  2. J

What Oculink PCIe Gen4 cables to use for ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T & U.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 drives?

I got an ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T motherboard and I might want to connect just to extra Intel U.2 5520 drives to it and since I haven't used the Oculink connectors the board has, I was thinking the easiest way might just be to use those. Does anyone have a recommendation for a specific cable to use...
  3. J

Micron 5200/5300 Flash original FW to Dell/HPE/etc drives?

Does anyone know whether these older Micron 5X00 SATA SSDs can be cross-flashed with the original/stock Micron firmware if the drives came out of Dell/HPE ones and have slightly different product numbers (not the ****YY suffix afaik) or would one have to go down the rabbit hole trying to find FW...
  4. J

[WTB][US-CA] 4-5x Samsung SM863 1.92TB SSDs

As the subject says, I am looking for four-five of these & if anyone has some to let go, please let me know, thanks!
  5. J

[FS][US-CA] SOLD - AMD Epyc 7443P Milan CPU, Unlocked - SOLD

Sold, thanks for all the inquiries! I am selling my AMD EPYC 7443P CPU just taken out of my idling proxmox host. The CPU was purchased in 2022 by me directly from ProVantage as a HPE CPU Upgrade kit but never used as such / only in my AS Rock Rack system so is obviously unlocked. Price: $900...
  6. J

SOLD: ASRock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T, AMD EPYC 7452, 6x32GB Micron DDR4-3200 RDIMMs (plus SilverStone chassis, PSU and Noctua Coolers, for free)

Update: this is currently reserved. Will update the post if it has sold or not on Sunday. ------------------------------ I've consolidated two development Proxmox hosts into one this last weekend and now have the combo below to let go of. Please note: at this point I'd really prefer local...
  7. J

SOLD - ASRock Rack E3C246D4U2-2T w/ Intel Xeon E-2246G & 4x16GB ECC Ram

All sold. I am letting go of a way, way overpowered (for my purposes as an OPNSense/firewall) set of bundle of components, namely an ASRock Rack E3C246D4U2-2T board Just the board, no accessories like I/O shield.. I bought it like that on /r/homelabsales (as far as I remember) and has been...
  8. J

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T Motherboard has thousands critical_interrupt BMC event log entries?

I just put together a new system and, as soon as I put a PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 adapter card in it (this one: AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor Key Features | Solid State Drive (SSD) - GIGABYTE Global#kf), the event log in the BMC sees a few messages per second stating the BIOS sensor reporting.. something? I am...
  9. J

Boot drive recommendation for (homelab) Proxmox system?

I am putting together a new system for my own homelab usage and I am contemplating a bit what drive(s?) to install proxmox on. I am going to backup the VMs regularly and the VMs themselves will run off other Intel DC SSDs I still had, but for the boot drive(s) I am a bit uncertain. I was going...
  10. J

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T vs Supermicro H12SSL

Good afternoon, I am planning on putting together a new, low core EPYC system (I need the PCIe lanes more than the cores) and I am currently contemplating whether I should go with another ASRock Rack board, the ROMED8-2T, or one of the Supermicro H12SSL-* ones (probably the -I as I have a spare...
  11. J

WTB: 4x or 8x 32GB DDR4-3200 RDIMMs

Good afternoon, was originally looking for an EPYC CPU + Ram, but I did get one of the CPUs for a somewhat reasonable price and now looking for RAM, ideally (= I am using them successfully in other systems) either Hynix HMA84GR7DJR4N-XN or Micron MTA36ASF4G72PZ-3G2 ones. If anyone has some to...
  12. J

AMD Epyc 7452 on ASRock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T having CPU's base clock as max clock speed & not boosting?

I have an AMD Epyc 7452 CPU on an ASRock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T board running Proxmox 7 a linux system and running cpupower frequency-info reveals the following: analyzing CPU 0: driver: acpi-cpufreq CPUs which run at the same hardware frequency: 0 CPUs which need to have their...
  13. J

WTB - I/O Shield for ASRock D1541D4U-2T8R

Hey there, if anyone happen to have one spare I/O Shield for an ASRock D1541D4U-2T8R and wants / could part with it, please let me know! Thanks, -Joerg
  14. J

WTB - Intel X710-DA2

Sold my own card a few months back here & now I want/need one again -.- Anyway, does anyone have an authentic Intel X710-DA2 card (no OEM pls) by any chance that you might want to part with? Ideally with low-profile bracket.. Thanks! -Joerg
  15. J

WTB - 4 x 16GB DDR4 2666 (PC4-21300) ECC UDIMMs

Good evening, I am looking for four 16GB ECC Udimm DDR4-2666 modules that I'd want to put in a Supermicro X11SCH-F board and was wondering if anyone has 4 of those spare and wants to sell them. If so, let me know! Thanks, -Joerg
  16. J

[WTB US-MD] Super Micro SuperServer 5018D-FN8T (or the like)

I want to replace my Unifi Dream Machine Pro and go with a custom system / setup and I am ideally looking for something like the SuperMicro SuperServer 5018D-FN8T - primarily because it has at least one 10Gbit / SFP+ and a handful of 1Gbit ports and a beefy enough CPU for what it is supposed to...
  17. J

How to connect U.2 SSDs with the least amount of adapters to an AsRock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T?

Hello there, I have an AsRock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T motherboard that has a bunch of Mini Sas HD & Slimsas ports and also four PCIe Gen 4.0 16x slots and given that the Slimas / Slimline ports are supposedly 8i, I thought I might just get two of these cables and be able to hook up two U.2 (Intel DC...
  18. J

Using an Intel NVMe/SAS3 2U Disk Enclosure (A2U8X25S3PHS) with Slimline (8-lane) + MiniSas HD ports?

I am putting together a new system and going with the ASRock Rack ROMED6U-2L2T motherboard that has 3 'Slimline PCIe4.0 x8' ports (albeit the specs list 2 'for U.2', the manual however lists 3 of those ports in total - two 'upwards' on the board and one at the backside) and a bunch of MiniSas HD...
  19. J

[WTB] [US-MD] - Complete - AMD Epyc 7302P, 7352 or Xeon E5-2699 V4, E5-2697 V4

This quest never ends.. going back and forth if I want a last(last) gen system or a current one to be on the more future proof side. Anyway, I am currently looking for one of either of those CPUs. If someone has one to spare and wants to part with it, let me know! Local would be Baltimore, but...
  20. J

HPE Epyc 7002 Upgrade Kits vendor locked or not?

Good evening, I am currently shopping for an Epyc 7002 series CPU and saw that some of the HPE upgrade kits end up being a bit more affordable than plain Epyc CPUs but I (very vaguely) remember some vendors vendor locking the Epyc CPUs one way or another. Does anyone know whether that's the...