Search results

1. S

Canada Canada - WD Golds for >50% off from WD Store

My big order got cancelled. Looks like they're allowing single drive orders because I have t gotten the cancellation for that one drive order. They sent a 25% off coupon on the first $1k of non sale price products so it's not much of a coupon. Somehow with the updated prices, Reds are more than...
  2. S

Some people on Reddit have received cancellation emails and refunds. I haven't received either yet.... But maybe they're working through a big list.
  3. S

Agreed... But tomorrow will tell.
  4. S

https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-ca/products/internal-drives/wd-gold-sata-hdd#WD161KRYZ Cheaper than even the regular Reds. 8TBs are $119CAD. Even high capacity ones are cheap. Cheaper than MyBooks by a large margin. For all us Canadians only, no US shipping addresses are being accepted.
  5. S

OpenIndiana ZFS encryption - Anyone using?

Thank you, that is what I was looking for. Sequential resilvering is exciting as well but ill look into the TRIM issues as I am hoping for that too. No major bugs about encryption blowing up is good so far, that was my biggest concern.
  6. S

OpenIndiana ZFS encryption - Anyone using?

Its in Hipster 2019.05 so its been out for a few months now. Surprisingly not much to find on it in the wild that I can find, has anyone tried it yet?
  7. S

OpenIndiana Hipster 2019.05

Oh man this is exciting!
  8. S

FYI for anyone wanting HTML5 KVM on Supermicro A1SRi-2758F

Regardless of the security of IPMI its firewalled off from almost everything. And Dell DRAC has their own security holes now, not unique to Supermicro. I dont either, but when its needed its well worth it. Error booting? Two seconds to log into IPMI vs going and plugging in a monitor, which for...
  9. S

Depends on the use of said board though... This one is my firewall. Consumer grade boards usually don't come with quad Intel NICs, IPMI and support for ECC RAM.
  10. S

Odd. I didnt do anything special during my updates. For BIOS updates I took the default, it was something about "Retain SMBIOS memory" was checked and the other two retain options were unchecked.
  11. S

Updated to BIOS 2.1 (latest on the Supermicro website) and the versions still show.
  12. S

Odd, maybe it is dependent on BIOS version. I will try to update mine later today to see if anything changes.
  13. S

The version shows up for me still on the main page after logging in. (Yes, BIOS is out of date) Firmware Revision : 03.77 Firmware Build Time : 07/27/2018 BIOS Version: 2.0 BIOS Build Time: 07/24/2017 Redfish Version : 1.0.1
  14. S

There isnt a lot of solid information around on getting HTML5 KVM on the Supermicro A1SRi-2758F boards (to get rid of the horrible Java KVM). But for anyone wanting to do the same, I can confirm that you can use the BMC firmware "REDFISH_X10_377.zip" from Supermicros site to update the BMC on...
  15. S

SLOG drives

Note that on the S3700/S3710, the larger capacity ones are much faster. In my testing the 100GB HGST drives mentioned in the OP were faster than 200GB S3700s as SLOGS. I think Geas own testing showed this too.
  16. S

Netgate SG-3100 alternative?

The Fitlet2 was high on my list before I went with a Supermicro board. Has an addin card to get you to four NICs if you need that, or some other options including an LTE modem. fitlet2
  17. S

UniFi Camera + Tablet/app for baby monitor

I use a G3 Micro as the baby room monitor camera. It wont be there forever, it will eventually move to being an actual security camera elsewhere hence the justification over an actual baby camera which are sort of useless past the point of needing a camera pointed at a baby (plus getting into...
  18. S

Anyone Using Supermicro 5x 60mm Fan Wall in 2U Chassis (SC216)

Bummer but thank you, that is what I was looking for!
  19. S

Two to three LSI 9308s, a 10Gb Broadcom and hopefully some PCI-e SSD later so could be borderline... But right now just trying to reduce the noise somewhat.
  20. S

Noctuas dont fit the Supermicro carriers. I am hoping the 5x 60mm setup uses different carriers that might be more Noctua friendly.